- Level 6, part-time 0.6 – 0.8 FTE / 12 months fixed term basis
- Base salary range: $87,460 – $94,631 p.a. (pro-rata) plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
The National Centre for Asbestos Related Diseases (NCARD) is a National Health and Medical Research Council’s (NHMRC) Centre for Research Excellence within the University of Western Australia and Centre for Respiratory Health.
About the opportunity
As the appointee you will, under general direction, provide project, administrative and executive research and marketing support to the area.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in science, project management, health-related or social science field or demonstrated equivalent competency
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively liaise with internal and external stakeholders at multiple levels
- Proven ability to prioritise workloads, meet deadlines and deliver high quality outcomes using initiative
- Demonstrated experience working as part of a team and effectively contributing to the productive management of a dynamic and multi-disciplinary environment
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: POSITION DESCRIPTION [Project Officer] - Position Number  - Level .pdf
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
You may also submit an additional statement (1 page max) outlining any personal circumstances which should be considered when assessing your application.
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Tuesday 3 October 2023
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Tanya Ward on (08) 6151 1078 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for children aged 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at email@example.com with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.