Research Fellow / Senior Research Fellow, Institute of Child Protection Studies
- Join a nationally recognised centre of research excellence
- Working with leading experts in child and youth focused research
- Vibrant, collegial environment with strong national and international ties
- Flexible working arrangements, generous personal, parental and cultural leave
- Opportunities to capitalise on national and international relationships and for career development and growth
- Full time, fixed-term (3 years) research focused opportunity based at our Canberra campus, with the possibility of extension pending external funding
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses - Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield, Blacktown and Rome.
ACU aspires to be a home for our staff, offer the care of a family and develop an academic and professional community. Whatever your faith or culture, and whether you are academic or professional staff, there are many opportunities both for learning and contributing at ACU.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
About The Institute of Child Protection Studies:
The ACU Institute of Child Protection Studies (ICPS) generates knowledge that contributes to preventing child maltreatment, fostering child safety, and strengthening child protection and children and young people's participation in research. The needs and experiences of children and young people represent a particular focus of our work. ICPS is committed to engagement and impact. We are particularly interested in supporting practice and develop projects that support evidence-informed work with and for children and young people. We work with practitioners, organisations, policy makers and departments to inform, build and strengthen policies and services for children, young people and families. Promoting children and young people's rights, needs and interests are central to our work. ICPS uses findings from our work to build workforce capacity and enhance community awareness, as appropriate.
About the role:
As Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellow you will work with teams to conduct high-quality applied research to contribute to and strengthen the University's research profile, and more specifically the profile of the Institute. You will have experience in child-focused research initiatives as well as the translation of research findings to inform policy development and service delivery. More specifically the role entails:
- Augmenting the current work of ICPS in areas including but not limited to supporting child-safe organisations and communities, strengthening child protection service systems, and informing practice, and promoting children and young people's participation in research.
- Working with ICPS staff to identify and secure applied research projects and support the measurement and evaluation of child abuse prevention and other related initiatives to support the safety and wellbeing of children and respond to the needs of those affected by abuse and neglect.
- Contributing to community engagement and research impact initiatives, particularly those that focus on strengthening practice with children, young people and families.
This position is ideal for candidates passionate about applying advanced research skills to deliver on projects that have application to children's safety and wellbeing.
For further details please visit the Position Description.
General enquiries can be sent to Jacqui Stewart, Program Manager, Institute of Child Protection Studies at: email@example.com
What we offer:
- Ranked in the top 2% for research excellence ACU offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
- Total remuneration valued to:
Research Fellow (Academic Level B) $129,839 - $153,147 total rem (pro rata) pa, including salary component $109,716 - $129,539 (pro rata) pa employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading OR
Senior Research Fellow (Academic Level C) $162,426 - $176,346 total rem (pro rata) pa, including salary component $137,470 - $149,367 (pro rata) pa employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
- 17% employer superannuation contributions to eligible continuing and fixed-term staff.
- Annual leave loading of an equivalent to 17.5% of four weeks' salary pro rata payable, dependent on your commencement date.
- As an ACU staff member, you will have access to generous benefits which include but not limited to: Staff Rewards; a variety of leave provisions and salary packaging. Find out more information about the benefits or working at ACU here.
How to Apply:
Step 2: Click the 'View Position Description and Apply' button, and populate your candidate application details, including your:
- resume (maximum 5 pages).
- responses to the Selection Criteria and Core Competencies in a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) or in the online Declaration and Criteria application page.
- brief online responses to any pre-screening employment questions.
This position requires a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and/or Working with Vulnerable People Check (WWVP) (ACT only).
Candidates must hold Australian work rights to apply for this position. For permanent/ continuing roles, applicants must have permanent work rights. For further information visit Immigration and Citizenship(homeaffairs.gov.au)
Acting in truth, ACU is dedicated to the dignity of the human person through equitable and respectful opportunities for everyone. ACU can offer support for candidates that may require adjustments through the recruitment process.
Applications close: 06-OCT-2023 at 11:59pm AUS Eastern Standard Time
ACU does not accept candidate applications submitted by external recruitment agencies through the ACU careers website.