Online Lecturer, Information Technologist (Software Engineering) (Teaching Academic Level B)
- Based in UniSA Online at the City West Campus
- Full-time two (2) year fixed term contract
- Salary range: $106,935– $126,350 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
Working on site in Adelaide, South Australia, the Online Lecturer will work with academic staff within Academic Units to support the development and delivery of curriculum for new online programs within the Information Technology discipline (Software Requirements and System Design in Software Engineering is required).
The successful candidate will contribute to the design, development and teaching of engaging course curricula and materials for the online program. You will implement teaching approaches that maximise the student experience and learning outcomes, whilst contributing to the recruitment and development of teaching staff within UniSA Online.
Critical to the success of the role will be establishing strong partnerships with stakeholders across the University to ensure that UniSA Online identifies and responds to strategic opportunities, and effectively leading and mentoring academic staff within the teaching team.
* Within the University of South Australia, the Online Lecturer role holds the title of Online Course Facilitator.
*This position is located on-site in Adelaide and can not be delivered remotely.
About UniSA Online
UniSA Online was established as a key project as part of the University’s Digital Learning Strategy. UniSA Online offers fully online degrees purposely designed for study on demand, 24/7 student support, and access to state of the art teaching and learning resources through an interactive online platform.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated record of the development and delivery of high-quality teaching and learning experiences in the areas of Software Requirements and System Design or Information Technology in a range of settings and student experience levels
- Strong understanding of contemporary industry focused software development methodologies such as Agile/Scrum and DevOps
- Experience and proficiency in undertaking teaching duties including the design and preparation of online teaching activities and resources
- Demonstrated competence in using information systems that support online learning and course administration
- Understanding and experience in using a range of contemporary teaching methodologies, including the ability to develop supportive learning environments
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Flexible working conditions
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- Corporate health insurance
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Applicants are also required to upload a weblink to a video of themselves addressing the following question:
“Based on your past experience, tell us in 2 minutes or less, why you would make a great online teacher in the Information Technology (Software) discipline?”
Please address your cover letter to Jessica Frisari, Consultant: Recruitment Central. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 5563.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Monday 02 October 2023
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.