Associate Professor - Business Information Systems
- Full time continuing position at level C (Senior Lecturer) or D (Associate Professor) in Business Information Systems.
- Opportunity to shape the future of world class Business Information Systems research and education within the University of Sydney Business School, working in an internationally renowned team
- Level C/D, Base Salary $145,023 - $192,371 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Discipline of Business Information Systems is recruiting an ambitious mid career scholar with an emerging international reputation to join its dynamic and vibrant team. We lead the way in crafting a vision for the digital future of business and society and your contribution is crucial in further elevating the Discipline's profile and impact locally, nationally, and internationally. We are known for our influential, conceptual, and pioneering thinking and a tradition of qualitative research with social constructivist and critical perspectives in studying matters of digital technology in business and society, at the intersection of people, work practices and organizations. We take a balanced view of technology with a sensitivity for both new opportunities from digital innovation as well as critical matters of trust, security, privacy, sustainability and equality.
We are leaders in business education through articulating a modern digital business curriculum. We advance in our cutting-edge curricula for our outstanding student body, including post experience and executive audiences. We are at the forefront in developing micro credentials and lifelong learning opportunities in line with the University of Sydney Business School's purpose driven Strategy 2023-27. Our graduates are highly valued by industry, professional services, government and third sector organizations.
We have broad and deep connections with universities around the world and regularly host leading international scholars. Colleagues in the discipline are engaged in topic areas such as digital transformation, artificial intelligence, data science, cybersecurity, digital health, future of work, and information technology for development Our research is published in all leading journals in the field, including MIS Quarterly, Information Systems Research, Journal of the AIS, Organization Science, and more. Many of our faculty hold important editorial roles in highly regarded journals such as Journal of the AIS, Journal of Information Technology and Journal of Strategic Information Systems.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- maintain and expand your outstanding record of academic excellence in research,
- develop leadership in the School's expanding program of professional and industry research collaboration, with a focus on the School's core research areas and strategic goals
- lead the ongoing development of an ambitious research culture in a spirit of positivity, collaboration and cooperation
- design and deliver innovative teaching and learning opportunities at all levels to culturally and linguistically diverse audiences, enhancing the student learning experience and employability
- drive the development of post experience management and executive education, engaging and inspiring senior professionals, including design and delivery of emerging forms of lifelong learning
- perform the full academic and teaching responsibilities and administration for co-ordination of a large program
- demonstrate commitment to lifelong learning and responsible management education.
- contribute at senior level to the governance and service activities within the Discipline, School and University.
We want to hire an exceptional mid-career academic with an established international reputation, and a passion for high-quality research, excellence in teaching, a commitment to service, and a desire to lead within a team-based environment. The Discipline will make one appointment, at Senior Lecturer (Level C) or Associate Professor (Level D) level, of a colleague who exhibits:
- an active research program with an established research record of high-quality publications in the AIS Senior Scholars' List of Premier Journals
- experience of leading external funding applications and projects, including collaboration with industry, government and third sector organizations
- emerging (Level C) or demonstrated (level D) ability in providing outstanding academic leadership in teaching and research.
- evidence of high-quality teaching in Business Information System, or the potential to do so at undergraduate, postgraduate or MBA level
- research and teaching interests in the areas of artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, data science and governance, enterprise architecture and cloud services are preferred
- demonstrated capacity to stimulate, actively engage and educate a range of audiences using a range of media
- commitment to contribute to the development of junior colleagues
- evidence of a collaborative and cooperative approach to discipline, school and university governance.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, teaching statement, research statement and a list or copies of up to three papers to support your application) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
Copyright The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Sunday 29 October 2023 11:59 PM