Postdoctoral Research Associate in Clay Hydrodynamics
- Full time, fixed term for 12 months, located on the Darlington Campus at the School of Civil Engineering
- Opportunity to contribute to research in Clay Hydrodynamics
- Base Salary $105K - $112K + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The School of Civil Engineering has a reputation for the quality of its graduates, for the breadth, depth and innovation in its undergraduate curriculum, and for the strength of its research and postgraduate teaching programs. We are currently seeking a postdoctoral research associate to contribute to the development of clay constitutive modelling using a hydrodynamic procedure which incorporates two-scale temperatures.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Postdoctoral Research Associate in Clay Hydrodynamics who has:
- a PhD in Civil Engineering
- proven skills and experience in constitutive modelling of clay using the hydrodynamic procedure
- proven experience in the characterization of soil fabric using X-ray CT
- knowledge of Tochnog, Plaxis, WooDEM, yade, SPAM, Fiji, GiD, paraview, Latex, Python, as well as Logseq for general personal management
- high level organization skills with the proven ability to organize group activities such as dedicated international workshops and regular research group meetings
- a demonstrated commitment and success in delivering high-quality and innovative research
- a high level of oral and communication skills
- a proven ability to interact effectively with students, staff, industry and the community
- experience in conducting original research and/or engaging in scholarly activity.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Rebecca Astar or Cherie Goodwin, Recruitment Operations by email to email@example.com.
Copyright The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Tuesday 17 October 2023 11:59 PM