Sport Operations Assistant
This role will support the Senior Grounds Person at Honor Oak Park to deliver the key strategic objective of providing world class services to the wider university community. To achieve this, the role will focus on both the operational excellence and the student/customer experience, including:
- Supporting the delivery of outstanding Sports Grounds operations, overseeing bookings and supporting overall health & safety within the site
- Engaging with a wide range of users, including students, alumni and partner clubs (including setting up for and clearing after training and matches) in order to ensure all users receive a world class experience
- Supporting the operation of the bar and catering within the pavilion, ensuring users see Honor Oak Park as a social as well as sports facility
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time post - 100% full time equivalent
- To act in accordance with the guiding principles as set out in the Strategic Vision 2029: to be an exceptional institution, focusing on excellence in Facilities Management; to create an inclusive environment that enables successful endeavour.
- To support the Senior Grounds Person in planning and implementing the operation of our Honor Oak Park facility.
- To act as a role model for good customer service across our sports grounds and wider King’s Sport facilities, ensuring our users receive a world class experience, underpinned by our Fit For King’s values.
- To support the development and implementation of quality Sports Ground operational standards. Creating positive environments for playing sport and delivering world-class services that enhance sport experience of our University community.
- To oversee student and external bookings on the King’s Sport & Wellness bookings system for both the Honor Oak Park and New Malden Sports Grounds.
- To support the Senior Grounds Person in operating the bar and catering at Honor Oak Park, including weekly stock takes, liaising with King’s Food, ordering food and drink supplies and serving customers.
- To ensure that the facilities and services are operating with the appropriate levels of Health and Safety, ensuring all compliance documentation including Operational Manuals, Risk Assessments, NOP’s and EAP’s are in place and up to date.
- To ensure accidents, incidents and 'near misses' are reported, investigated and actioned, and that necessary service adjustments are made.
- To develop good working relationships with student and external sports clubs and Partners that are priority users of the Sports Ground facilities to improve their sport experience, including online and in person communication.
- To assist in the promotion of King’s Sport & Wellness Sports Grounds and to endorse the brand identity and Values of King’s College London and King’s Sport & Wellness.
- Act as a role model for professional behaviour and best practice.
- Champion and advocate for diversity and inclusion as an imperative for King’s, and work to identify and remove the barriers to inclusion and progression for underrepresented groups.
- Conduct any further duties, which may reasonably be required by the Senior Grounds Person or King’s Sport & Wellness Senior Management commensurate with the grade.
This role includes regular weekend and evening work throughout the student sport season (September to April) along with some evening and weekend in the remainder of the year.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. Experience of working in a sports facility and / or customer service environment
2. Experience of communicating with and forging good relationships with a variety of customer groups and other stakeholders
3. Demonstrable ability to pay attention to detail
4. Commitment to Continued Professional Development
5. Experience of working as part of a team and supporting colleagues to deliver an excellent user experience
6. Ability to use your own initiative to solve problems and identify areas for improvement
7. Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety regulations
1. Level 2 food hygiene qualification
2. Experience of working in a bar/catering outlet
3. First Aid Qualified