Research Associate (Infectious Disease Modelling, Phylogeny, and Machine Learning for Public Health)
Saw Swee School of Public Health at the National University of Singapore (NUS) is currently seeking a dedicated and skilled Research Associate to join our interdisciplinary team. This position offers a unique opportunity to engage in innovative research projects across a range of topics, including infectious disease modelling, phylogeny, phylodynamics, machine learning for public health, and global health.. The work will allow you to collaborate with a broad spectrum of people at school (https://sph.nus.edu.sg/research/), Institute of Data Science (https://ids.nus.edu.sg/), and global leaders who are part of the ‘Machine Learning & Global Health’ network (https://mlgh.net/). You can find more information about the work done by Asst. Prof Swapnil Mishra by looking here https://smishra.dev/
- A Master’s. in a relevant field such as computer science, statistics, epidemiology, computational biology, bioinformatics, biostatistics, machine learning, or a related discipline.
- Solid background in any one of machine learning, generative modelling, infectious disease modelling, phylogenetics, and phylodynamics.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as R, Python, C++, or Julia.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presenting complex concepts to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- A history of publications in peer-reviewed journals is preferred.
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the position, relevant experience, and research interests.
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae, including a list of publications (if applicable).
- A brief research statement (maximum 2 pages) outlining your research experience and future aspirations.
- Contact information for two professional references who can provide letters of recommendation upon request.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The anticipated start date is July 2023, but this is negotiable. The initial appointment will be for one year, with the possibility of renewal based on performance and funding availability. There will be an opportunity to pursue PhD at NUS if interested.
NUS is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability.
In case of any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact Ass. Prof Swapnil Mishra at ‘swapnil dot mishra at nus dot edu dot sg’ with the subject line ‘Research Associate in Infectious Disease Modelling, Phylogeny, and Machine Learning for Public Health’.
A Master’s. in a relevant field such as computer science, statistics, epidemiology, computational biology, bioinformatics, biostatistics, machine learning, or a related discipline.
Contact list for further enquiries
Hiring Manager: [[Assistant Prof Swapnil Mishra]]
Hiring Manager Email: [[firstname.lastname@example.org]]