Research Fellow (Tropical Marine Science Institute)
Tropical Marine Science Institute (TMSI) of National University of Singapore (NUS) has an immediate vacancy in the area of regional sea level variability in the warming climate.
The ongoing Project “Understanding the low-frequency variability of coastal sea level in Southeast Asia using a regional ocean model and observations” has been funded by National Research Foundation until 31 July 2025. The successful candidate will be working with a multidisciplinary team of atmosphere and ocean scientists, and particularly be responsible for:
- running NEMO ocean model using past and projected forces provided by the atmospheric team;
- use data analysis and model simulations experiments to understand the mechanism of regional sea level variability driven by large scale atmosphere/oceanic processes.
Depending on qualifications and experience, successful Candidate could be employed at Research Fellow or Senior Research Fellow level.
Successful candidate will be having the following demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience:
- Understanding of regional sea level variability and large-scale atmosphere/ocean coupling;
- Understanding of mechanisms of ocean response to the climate change;
- Capability to set and run regional sensitivity experiments using NEMO ocean model;
- Capability to use data analysis methods for ocean dynamics research;
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary team of researchers, including ocean and atmosphere scientists;
- PhD in ocean sciences from a recognised University
- Track records in publications.