We are seeking an enthusiastic and capable full-time Research Associate for the above project at the Centre for Family and Population Research (CFPR), Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS), National University of Singapore (NUS). The appointment is tenable for a period of 1 year, with the possibility of renewal.
CFPR is a research center of FASS, NUS, dedicated to the scientific advancement of research and training in the study of trends, determinants, and consequences of family and population changes, particularly in Asia.
Background on the project
The future transformation of households and living arrangements is at the core of population studies. So far, little is known about the short-, mid-, and long-term changes in household structure in the context of Singapore, and many other nations of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). The project aims to analyze and project the transformation of households and living arrangements in six major ASEAN nations, including Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, and Vietnam. These six countries combined are home to about 600 million people, approximately 90% of the ASEAN's total population.
The Research Associate is expected to provide research support and has administrative responsibility for the project with Associate Professor Feng Qiushi (Sociology/CFPR) as the Principal Investigator (PI). The duties include the following:
- Assist PI with data collection and analysis;
- Assist PI with R package development for processing data;
- Assist PI with literature review and academic paper writing;
- Assist PI with administrative coordination for the project;
- Other ad-hoc duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Statistics or Mathematics;
- Strong capacity in using R and Stata;
- Strong capacity in independent learning and problem-solving for data analyses
- Excellent academic writing capacity
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills;
- Strong organizational skill and interpersonal skills;
- Previous research experience in social research is preferred;
Possible commencement is towards August/September 2023. The appointment will be tenable for a period of one year with a possibility for an extension. Review of applications will be till the position is filled.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Arts & Social Sciences
Department : Sociology and Anthropology
Employee Referral Eligible: No|
Job requisition ID : 21308