Research Fellow (Hydrological modeling & Flood Risk Assessment )
- Perform numerical modelling and simulations using hydrodynamic models for the following tasks:
- Simulate river discharge based on land surface model output.
- Incorporate tools or code modifications to include river discharge as a forcing in an ocean model.
- Validation of river discharge simulations.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Possess a PhD from reputable universities in Civil and Environmental Engineering, Geography, or other related disciplines.
- Preferably having relevant research/industry experience with competent knowledge in some of the following areas: civil engineering, hydrological and water resources management, GIS, geography, etc. Prior experience/knowledge of the following models, software/programming languages will be preferred:
- Hydrological/Hydrodynamic models
- Land surface models
- Data analysis tools such as MATLAB
- Programming languages such as python, C++ and/or FORTRAN
- High-performance computing
- Strong proficiency in written and spoken communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and collaborate effectively within a team environment.
- Resourcefulness and self-motivation, coupled with a strong sense of professional integrity.
- Open to fixed term contract
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: Civil and Environmental Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 21699