Senior Marketing Specialist
- Full time, fixed-term opportunity till Jan 2025
- This is a great opportunity to develop and lead on marketing and communication strategies for the University of Sydney
- Base Salary starting from $135K + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Senior Marketing Specialist is responsible for campaign development and execution, developing marketing strategies and messaging to meet brand objectives, content creation, the management of externally- targeted web content, as well as relevant reputation-raising activities for the University of Sydney. The Senior Specialist is a senior member of the University Marketing and Events team, managing a small team and working with a range of internal and external stakeholders on strategic marketing projects. The role requires senior stakeholder management and will be asked to deputise for the Manager as required.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Marketing and Communications Senior Specialist, who:
- demonstrates experience in the development and implementation of marketing and communications strategies and campaigns across multiple channels
- is intrinsically motivated and exhibits strong ability to work in an agile manner
- exemplifies exceptional skills with digital channels
- exemplifies strong project management skills
- showcases strong experience in building effective stakeholder relationships in a large and complex organisation, and with external partners
- has strong organisational and prioiritisation skills when faced with competing priorities and deadlines
- comfortably makes educated and authoritative decisions in project management, team leadership and mentoring.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Kristy Fairweather, Recruitment Operations, by email to email@example.com
Copyright The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 08 October 2023 11:59 PM