Interaction Designer for Virtual Production – (KTP Associate)
Art & Media Technology
Salary: £34,000 to £37,300 Per annum
Full Time Fixed Term (28 months)
Closing Date: Friday 13 October 2023
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Would you like to develop an industrial career in UX and Virtual Production, with the opportunity to lead a significant business transformation project, for a growing business?
This is an excellent opportunity for an Interaction Designer to ‘fast-track’ their career in the industry by leading a high-profile, strategically important project. Through a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP), you will work in partnership with Stewart Signs in conjunction with the departments of Design and Art & Media Technology, at Winchester School of Art, University of Southampton to deliver and implement a cutting-edge strategy for interior/exterior spaces and vehicles that improves customer experience and optimises the company’s profitability.
The Interaction Designer will be based at Stewart Signs premises in Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh and will support the business to deliver a technology transformation project whilst receiving expert supervision and access to a training allowance worth £4,600 over the duration of the project.
About Stewart Signs: https://www.stewartsigns.co.uk/
Find out more about Knowledge Transfer Partnerships here: https://www.ktp-uk.org/
The Interaction Designer will be required to undertake the following:
- Taking the lead in identifying and implementing strategies to integrate 3D, VR, and AR solutions into the business, aligning with clients' visions and requirements.
- Collaborating with internal teams, clients, and stakeholders to understand their needs, gather feedback, and ensure effective communication throughout the project.
- Advocating for the adoption of 3D, VR, and AR technologies by presenting compelling arguments, demonstrating their value, and influencing stakeholders to embrace these solutions.
- Ensuring that project milestones are achieved, deliverables are met on time and within budget, and customer expectations are consistently exceeded.
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking: Identifying new business opportunities and exploring innovative ways to use existing processes, ultimately contributing to the company's growth and market competitiveness.
The successful Interaction Designer will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- MA or MSc in HCI, computer science, interaction design, digital design, virtual production, UI & UX Design or related areas.
- Quantitative data analysis and methods, basic 3D modelling skills, UX design, user research, communication skills.
- Basic experience in 3D modelling, virtual production, VR development, and quantitative data analysis.
- Research ability, interaction design, 3D modelling, and prototyping.
- Equivalent professional qualifications and experience in HCI, computer science, interaction design, digital design, virtual production, UI & UX Design or PhD in HCI, Computer Science or Design.
- Advanced 3D modelling (including optimization techniques like retopology), photogrammetry, virtual production, VR, design research, statistical analysis, interior/space design, graphic design & printing, interest in AR, MR, AI, ML, project management skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, willingness to grow with the business, and develop leadership skills.
- Experience in graphic, interior, space design, AR, MR, AI, project management, leadership, and 3D scanning.