Professor (Level D/E) of Nursing
- 1 University Dr, Southport QLD 4215, Australia
- Primary Location (Campus): Nathan Campus
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department ID: School of Nursing and Midwifery - Nursing - NUR
- Appointment Type: Continuing
Griffith University is a progressive, values-led university dedicated to learning, leadership, and innovation. This is your chance to help us achieve our vision to transform lives and add to human knowledge and understanding in a way that creates a future that benefits all.
Since opening in 1975, Griffith has grown from one campus and 451 students to become a comprehensive, multi-campus institution, with 50,000 students and more than 200,000 graduates.
Australia’s #1 ranked university for nursing and midwifery
The Griffith School of Nursing and Midwifery excels in the areas of learning, teaching and research. We are committed to the development of nursing and midwifery practice, theory and research that transforms lives and health care. We develop graduates imbued with a solution-focused philosophy who make a positive difference in nursing, midwifery and healthcare, transforming the lives of those in their care.
The School is a leader in offering highly recognised undergraduate and postgraduate programs and is committed to the highest standards of learning and teaching across our diverse academic programs and courses.
Through developing research, consultancy and continuing education opportunities, we seek to serve the nursing and midwifery professions, the health care system and the broader community.
Our Schools' vision is simple; to continue to grow our international reputation to positively influence and lead innovative, clinically, and socially relevant research and teaching that has sustainable, global impact.
We are currently recruiting for an Associate Professor (level D) or Professor (Level E) of Nursing within the School of Nursing and Midwifery. For this position we are seeking a leader with an impressive program of research aligned with Australia’s national research agendas (NHMRC, MRFF, ARC). This role will suit candidates who hold nursing registration with AHPRA (or who are eligible to apply) with an outstanding record of attracting externally competitive research funding, publications, and research student supervision.
As an Associate Professor at Griffith University you will be a key authority in Nursing and will promote excellence in research, teaching, engagement and professional activities. You will have achieved international recognition through original, innovative, and distinguished contributions to the field of Nursing, which is demonstrated by sustained and excelled performance.
In this position you will:
- Provide a full scope of academic responsibilities across research and learning and teaching.
- Conduct high quality impactful research and generate competitive research funding.
- Provide academic leadership ensuring consistently high-quality experiences and outcomes are achieved for higher degree research (HDR) candidates.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders across the community.
This is a continuing, full -time position working across our vibrant world class facilities across South- East Queensland (Brisbane, Logan & Gold Coast campus). As Griffith is a multi-campus University you may be required to work across other campus locations.
The base salary for an Associate Professor (Level D) is $155,087- $170,859 per annum, plus 17% employer superannuation. The total package is in the range $181,451 - $199,905.
The base salary for Professor (Level E) is $199,775 per annum, plus 17% employer superannuation. The total package is in the range $233,736.
Further to this salary package the School of Nursing and Midwifery are willing to support the right candidate with a range of additional benefits including:
- Relocation Support
- Start-up funds
- Research Fellows or Postdoc Fellows
- Salary Loading
- Visa Sponsorship (if required)
To be successful in this role, you will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated and extensive commitment to higher education and Nursing. In addition, the successful applicant will demonstrate:
- Possession of a doctoral qualification or equivalent accreditation and standing.
- Registration as a nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) or ability to apply and obtain.
- Demonstrated excellence in research of an international standard in nursing.
As a values-led organisation, at Griffith University, we've worked hard to create a dynamic and strong organisational culture. We support the professional and personal development of all our employees and invest in the skills of our people. We offer:
- salary packaging options and corporate health discounts.
- generous leave entitlements including paid parental leave and leave loading.
- support with future learning opportunities through our educational staff assistance scheme.
Griffith University values diversity, inclusion and flexibility and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply. For more information please visit our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion page.
How to apply
Please submit your application online and ensure your application includes the following:
- A covering statement outlining your suitability for the role referring to the Qualifications listed above and the position description.
- Current curriculum vitae, including name and contact details.
Visa sponsorship is possible for this appointment for candidates who do not hold valid Australian work rights.
For further information about this role, please contact Professor Ann Bonner – Head of School, School of Nursing and Midwifery on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For application queries, please contact Jake Barwick, Talent Acquisition Partner on email@example.com.
Closing date: Tuesday 31st October 2023 at 5:00 pm AEST. All applications must be submitted online.