The Compliance Specialist will provide a range of administrative, compliance, and research functions to support the operation in the attainment of KU objectives by providing support to the department in the areas of standards, comprehensive needs assessment, policies; in addition to developing & implementing a monitoring program, and offering recommendations for improvement.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Support with development, implementation and administration of a campuswide monitoring program to ensure compliance with local laws, and requirements to include campus/departments
- Support with implementing “scope” of compliance monitoring tool to assist campuses, departments and employees in measuring or assessing compliance risk
- Schedule, and provide oversite to campus/department monitoring visits
- Implement and supervise technology-based training to address campus, department, and program director needs to ensure understanding of regulations and related compliance components
- Implement and maintain compliance functions and procedures
- Assist department staff in the development of comprehensive needs assessments, improvement plans, program evaluations
- Maintain a professional awareness of regulations regarding student attendance by having a working knowledge of state law, board policy, and administrative regulations.
- Prepare and present project completion reports which illustrate the results of work performed.
- Maintain and promote a positive relationship with department personnel, clients, and other governmental entities, external auditors/monitors and other stakeholders.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of federal and local laws, policies, regulations, exhibits and guidelines as they relate to the relevant programs.
- Maintain the confidentiality of the work and the results of the work performed.
- Assist in revising necessary policies and/or procedures in coordination with applicable department(s).
- Perform and/or schedule periodic compliance reviews.
- Conduct Operational, Investigative, Compliance and Programs Audits.
- Implement and conduct training programs where needed, and/or monitors existing training programs.
- Maintain, monitor, tracks and respond to questions regarding compliance program activities.
- Assist with correction of compliance concerns to include providing recommendations in compliance reports and Corrective Action Plans.
- Serve as a resource on matters of compliance and Auditing
- Maintain records related to the Compliance Program.
- Provide optimal customer service to all students, employees, parents, community, members and any other stakeholders.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field.
Required years of experience
- A minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- (0) Experience requirement with good potential to perform assigned duties
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job Type: Full-time