Manager Compliance is responsible to oversee and coordinate University-wide compliance; including Government mandated programs, issues related to conflict of interest, research, compliance education and training and support the line manager in areas such as strategic planning, project management, risk management, compliance assurance.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of the Department's strategy, as well as annual business plans.
- Contribute to the development of the Department's policies and procedures, in line with the overall business objectives of the University, ensuring they promote leading practices and excellence.
- Contribute to the development and management of the Department’s budgets and report back on a timely basis to ensure that divergences are addressed promptly.
- Oversee and provide input to a variety of compliance-related programs
- Contribute to developing the vision and mission for the department, and ensure that they are consistently and effectively integrated into all aspects of the operations; ensure consistency with the University's overall mission and vision statements
- Develop and administer compliance programs; provide continuous analysis, interpretation, resolution and implementation of programs
- Develop appropriate action plans and execute
- Evaluate effectiveness of strategic and action plans; determine if results are on target with University objectives, making adjustments as necessary
- Evaluate and resolve compliance issues or problems with University staff, faculty, students with diplomacy
- Support the line manager with integrating compliance related programs with other University programs of equivalent scope and complexity
- Improve services and programs utilizing continuous improvement methodology
- Conribute to define goals for future organizational performance and decide on the tasks and uses of resources needed to attain them;
- Contribute to develop, evaluate, enhance, and implement quality improvement practices, processes, procedures, or policies that have a strategic impact on University operations
- Ensure established standards of continuous quality improvement are met;
- Contribute to the department policies and procedures and operational decisions for department;
- Exercise oversight authority for administration of and compliance with department and University policies
- Manage project completion reports which illustrate the results of work performed.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of local laws, policies, regulations, exhibits and guidelines as they relate to the relevant programs.
- Maintain the confidentiality of the work and the results of the work performed.
- Manage periodic compliance reviews.
- Manage operational, investigative, compliance and programs audits.
- Maintain, monitor, tracks and respond to questions regarding compliance program activities.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- Provide coaching, guidance and mentoring as required to enhance the internal capabilities of the team and ensure the achievement of established objectives and plans.
- Recommend appropriate training courses as per the pre-determined training needs, evaluate their effectiveness, and monitor their results.
- Carry out performance appraisals for subordinates according to planned schedules and recommend necessary actions as per the applied practices.
- Conduct periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is running smoothly.
- Follow-up on employees' administrative affairs such as vacations, leaves and other administrative and related affairs.
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Law or related field with experience in elements of corporate compliance.
- Expats: A minimum 12 years of relevant experience. Previous experience of working in higher education would be a distinct advantage
- UAE Nationals: A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience Previous experience of working in higher education would be a distinct advantage
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job Type: Full-time