Senior Scientist Mass Spectrometry
52 Faculty of Chemistry
Startdate: 05.10.2023 | Working hours: 40 | Collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 lit. b (postdoc)
Limited until: permanent
Reference no.: 1195
Among the many reasons to research and teach at the University of Vienna there is one in particular, which has convinced around 7,500 academic staff members so far. They see themselves as personalities who need space for continuous striving for top international research and scientific excellence. At the same time they enjoy support and liberties that are not a given at other institutions. Does that sound like something for you? Welcome to our team!
Your personal sphere of play:
Your future place is at the Institute for Physiological Chemistry. In the research group of Marc Pignitter, you will find excellent opportnities for research in the field of lipid oxidation in food and its impact on human health using foodomics and activity-guided analysis of bioactive compounds. Together with corporate partners, sustainable strategies are developed to improve food quality.
The institute is part of the Faculty of Chemistry and has access to various core facilities, such as the mass spectrometry center and the NMR center.
Your future tasks:
You actively participate in research, teaching and administration, which means:
- You will be involved in research projects and scientific studies in the field of analytical food chemistry and physiological chemistry.
- You publish internationally and give lectures.
- You provide support in applying for projects and raising third-party funds.
- You are responsible for the analytical infrastructure (especially LCMS, HPLC, GCMS, GCFID, ESR) at the institute and for its maintenance.
- You will supervise and train students and colleagues in the use of large analytical devices.
- You hold courses independently, primarily in the field of food chemistry, within the scope of the provisions of the collective agreement.
- You will take on administrative tasks in research and teaching.
This is part of your personality:
- Completed doctoral/PhD studies in the field of chemistry, life sciences or similar with a focus on mass spectrometry and chemometrics
- Research competence and initiative proven through international publications in peer- relevant media
- Experience in raising third-party funds desirable
- Didactic skills / experience in academic teaching, preferably in the field of food chemistry / knowledge of e-learning desirable
- IT skills
- Excellent knowledge of English (C1) / German language skills desirable
- Team player with high social/communicative skills
What we offer:
Work-life balance: Our employees enjoy flexible working hours and can also work remotely.
Inspiring working atmosphere: You are a part of an international academic team with excellent research infrastructure in a relaxed working environment.
Good public transport connections: Your workplace in the center of beautiful Vienna is easily accessible by public transport.
Internal further training & Coaching: Opportunity to deepen your skills on an ongoing basis. There are over 600 courses to choose from – free of charge.
Fixed-term contract for 3 years with the option of a permanent contract and fair salary: The basic salary of EUR 4,351.90 (14 times a year for senior scientists postdoctoral) for a period of 3 years increases, if we can count professional experience. After a positive evaluation, there is the possibility of a permanent employement relationship.
Equal opportunities for everyone: We look forward to diverse personalities in the team!
It is that easy to apply:
- With your scientific curriculum vitae / letter of intent
- With your list of publications
- With your summary of research interests (max. 1 p.)
- Doctoral Degree
- Contact details of persons who could provide referece letters
- Via our job portal/ Apply now - button
If you have any questions, please contact:
We look forward to new personalities in our team!
The University of Vienna has an anti-discriminatory employment policy and attaches great importance to equal opportunities, the advancement of women and diversity. We lay special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions among the academic and general university staff and therefore expressly encourage qualified women to apply. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female candidates.
University of Vienna. Space for personalities. Since 1365.
Application deadline: 10/04/2023
(Senior) Lecturer & Researcher