Open Rank Faculty Position in General Education in the Area of Modern Chinese History
School of Humanities and Social Science invites applications and nominations for:
Open Rank Faculty Position in General Education in the area of Modern Chinese History (Ref. AC2023/021/01)
Associate Professor (Teaching)/Assistant Professor (Teaching)/Lecturer
- a Ph.D. degree in history, China studies, cultural studies or other majors related to modern Chinese history;
- interest and preferably experience in teaching Modern Chinese History at tertiary level;
- proficiency in Chinese and/or English, and a proven record of teaching excellence and experience in leading small group seminars would be an advantage.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- teaching a course on “Chinese Modern History and Culture” and other relevant courses;
- designing e-learning materials;
- assisting in curriculum development and administrative assignments.
The appointee is expected to commence work in AY2022-23. A Ph.D. must be in hand prior to taking up the appointment.
Salary & Benefits
Salary will be competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Appointment will be made under the establishment of CUHK, Shenzhen and statutory benefits will be provided according to the prevailing labor laws applicable in the People’s Republic of China. The appointee will be based at the University campus in Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, China. Successful applicants can also apply for additional benefits through high-talent schemes at the Guangdong provincial level, the Shenzhen city level, and the Longgang district level.
Applicants should apply online at http://academicrecruit.cuhk.edu.cn/hss and upload up-to-date CV, certification of all degrees and teaching evaluation report. Applicants will be required to arrange three recommendation letters after being shortlisted.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and considered until the post is filled.
About The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen is established in accordance with the Regulations of the People’s Republic of China on Chinese-foreign Cooperation in Running Schools upon approval of the Ministry of Education. It inherits the educational philosophy and academic systems of The Chinese University of Hong Kong. It is intended to evolve into a world-class research university with strong international orientation. It is committed to nurturing high-end talents with a global perspective, Chinese cultural tradition and social responsibility.