Prospect Research and Operations Specialist
2 days left
- Part Time
- Alumni support role within Swinburne University
- Part-time (0.6), ongoing position at our Hawthorn campus
- HEW 7 total remuneration package (TRP)
About the Role
The Advancement Office at Swinburne University of Technology are looking for a Prospect Research and Operations Specialist to join their team.
In this newly created position, the Prospect Research and Operations Specialist will play a critical role in delivering priority operational deliverables including implementing and managing the prospect management program within Swinburne University Advancement, ensuring that the maximum potential of Advancement’s donor prospect pool is attained, and provide Advancement leadership and fundraisers with tools to evaluate progress across the program. The Prospect Research and Operations Specialist will be required to conduct high level research on prospective donors, trusts and foundations and high-profile Alumni to identify their propensity to give.
The incumbent is also responsible for delivering priority operational deliverables to support Swinburne’s Philanthropic campaign, including managing the prospect management module within Raiser’s Edge database.
The successful candidate will be able to bring with them skills in fundraising, business administration, database management and operations, time management, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a range of other skills in order to support the fundraising effort of the Advancement office at Swinburne University of Technology.
To be suitable for this role you will need to have experience in the below key accountabilities:
- Knowledge of prospect research tools and resources.
- Understanding of prospect management practices, terminology and approaches.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to manage multiple projects and work in a deadline driven environment.
- Strong computer literacy skills and experience working with a relational database, as well as the Microsoft Office suite of products, including excel.
- Exceptional writing and oral communication skills for different audiences and write detailed analytical reports.
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to investigate, analyse and synthesise large quantities of information and data and concise format for use by a Philanthropy team.
- Completion of relevant degree qualification with at least 4 years subsequent experience or extensive experience and management expertise in technical or administrative field or an equivalent combination of relevant knowledge, experience, or education/training
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne Horizon 2025 draws upon our understanding of future challenges. With this new strategic plan, we choose to build Swinburne as the prototype of a new and different university – one that is truly of Technology, of Innovation and of Entrepreneurship, and proud of it. We are committed to a differentiated university proposition in education and research, so that:
- Every Swinburne learner gets a work experience
- Every Swinburne graduate gets a job
- Every Swinburne partner gets a tech solution
- Swinburne is the prototype of global best practice
The achievement of our 2025 moon shots depends on our capacity to work collectively, always, as One Swinburne.
Please submit your CV and cover letter addressing your suitability for this position.
To review the Position Description and to apply, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
If you are viewing this advert from an external site, please click ‘apply’ and you will be redirected to Swinburne’s Jobs website to access the Position Description at the bottom of the page.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Swinburne Talent Acquisition Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications Close: Sunday 24th September 2023, 11 pm
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.
Equity and Diversity
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation and we are proud of our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion through key initiatives. For further information on all our initiatives visit our Equity & Diversity website.
We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact email@example.com
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant