Research Fellow (Biological Sciences)
The Department of Biological Sciences invites applications for a Research Fellow. The appointment is for an initial period of one year with the possibility of renewal for an additional year.
Successful candidates will be expected to:
- (Co-)develop, implement and lead impactful research including but not limited to the following topics:
- Plant-animal interactions, especially frugivory and seed dispersal.
- Quantifying the impact of defaunation on ecosystem restoration / recovery or functioning.
- Prepare high-quality research manuscripts suitable for publication in high-tier academic journals and reports.
- Mentor graduate students, undergraduate students and research staff.
Qualifications / Discipline:
Ph.D. in environmental science, (macro-)ecology or biogeography.
Candidate should be highly organised and proactive, demonstrate ability to work independently, self-motivated and a team-player.
Candidate should have research experience in plant-animal interactions, macroecology, ecological networks, spatial analysis and/or quantitative modelling. Publication records will be evaluated considering career stage.
Interested applicants should submit the following documents with the application:
- Cover letter.
- Curriculum vitae, with complete list of publications.
- At least one sample of published work.
- A research statement (maximum 2 pages) of no more than 800 words, explaining the candidate’s research experience, most impactful publications and aptitude in relation to job description.
- Contact information of four referees including one from PhD supervisor.
For enquires on the appointment, please contact Dr. Lim Jun Ying at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Biological Sciences
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 21672