Research Associate in the Division of Science (Computer Science), Dr. Djellel Difallah
The laboratory of Dr. Djellel Difallah in the Division of Science, New York University Abu Dhabi, seeks to hire a Research Associate. The successful applicant will drive an exciting project in topics related to Knowledge Graphs, Machine Learning, Crowdsourcing, and Spatial Data Analysis.
- PhD in Computer Science, Computational Social Science, or related fields.
- Proved scientific background and publication record in at least one top-ranked conference or journal in databases, machine learning, semantic web, or related areas.
- Excellent programming skills.
- Excellent oral and writing communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Doctoral research involving machine learning applications, e.g., NLP, and human-in-the-loop machine learning, will be beneficial.
- Experience working with Knowledge Graphs, databases, and ontology design.
- The appointment will be for two years. The terms of employment are competitive and will include housing and travel subsidies. Applications will be accepted immediately, and candidates will be considered until the position is filled.
To be considered, applicants need to submit:
- A cover letter
- Up-to-date CV with full publication list
- One representative writing sample
- Statement of research interests (1-page)
- Three (3x) letters of recommendation
If you have any questions that are not answered in the job advert, please email: email@example.com
NYU Abu Dhabi is a degree-granting research university with a fully integrated liberal arts and science undergraduate program in the Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Engineering. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU New York, and NYU Shanghai, form the backbone of NYU’s global network university, an interconnected network of portal campuses and academic centers across six continents that enable seamless international mobility of students and faculty in their pursuit of academic and scholarly activity. This global university represents a transformative shift in higher education, one in which the intellectual and creative endeavors of academia are shaped and examined through an international and multicultural perspective. As a major intellectual hub at the crossroads of the Arab world, NYUAD serves as a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, knowledge creation, and sharing, through its academic, research, and creative activities.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Employer
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
This institution is using Interfolio's Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
For people in the EU, click here for information on your privacy rights under GDPR: www.nyu.edu/it/gdpr
NYU is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity, and social inclusion.