Senior Service Officer
- Fixed Term position - 12 month contract opportunity
- Fantastic opportunity to join the Research Service Desk, providing front line support and advice for the central Research Portfolio
- Located on the Camperdown/Darlington campus
- Base salary of $91,644 - $98,796 + 17% Superannuation, leave loading
About the opportunity
We are in an exciting period of growth and development within our DVC Research Portfolio, striving to deliver alongside the University's ambitious strategic plan. As the first point of contact for research operations, the Senior Service Officer provides excellent customer service, transactional support and advice in response to research support enquiries from University of Sydney staff, researchers, affiliates, students and external parties. These enquiries are lodged through multiple channels, namely telephone, email, web and the self-service portal. This role will suit a customer service extraordinaire who would like to make a difference! You will provide excellent client support and advice in response to enquiries from the University's research community whilst providing support and guidance to junior staff within the team You will also have a continuous improvement mindset, identifying opportunities to make engaging with research support services easier for customers and specialist support teams within the Portfolio, faculties and University schools.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- report to the Research Service Desk Team Leader
- provide excellent service support to customers across the DVC Research Portfolio
- multi task and effectively adapt to changing priorities in a fast paced and high volume environment
- show initiative and take responsibility for complex cases, using problem solving skills in your approach to work
- build and manage effective working rapport with key stakeholders and staff across the University
- ensure the quality application of, and compliance with, University administration policies and procedures
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Senior Service Officer who can demonstrate:
- excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience in handling a wide range of enquiries and providing excellent customer service
- well-developed negotiation, conflict resolution, relationship building and influencing skills
- strong problem-solving skills and the ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement
- ability to prioritise workload during busy periods
- working knowledge of Records Management, Customer Service Management and Content Management Systems.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or any documents in alternate formats, please contact Sowmya Venugopal , Recruitment Operations by email to Sowmya.email@example.com
Copyright The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Applications close by Sunday 24th September 2023
Click to view the Position Description for this role.