Project Manager (Identified)
- Full time, fixed term until 31 December 2024
- A fantastic opportunity to support enhancing discoverability and access to Australian First Nations records in the University of Sydney Archives
- Base Salary starting from $117,116K + 17% superannuation
This position has been designated for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people only under the provisions of section 126 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
About the opportunity
The University Archives is a part of Archives and Records Management Services (ARMS) in the University Governance Office within the Vice-Chancellor & President's Division.
The primary goal of the Archives is the care and preservation of the University's records of continuing value and making these records accessible for research and education.
As the Project Manager, you will lead a dedicated project team to enhance access to the Australian First Nations records held in the University Archives. The role will provide overall project management, as well as implementing current best practice in describing and accessing First Nations records and develop frameworks and protocols to enable culturally safe descriptive pathways, index points, and access frameworks to the archival records.
This is a challenging and culturally significant role and an opportunity to make a long-term contribution to the University and First Nations history and culture.
- demonstrated understanding of the role of a major specialist collection in meeting the needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and researchers (this includes capacity to learn about Indigenous Cultural and Intellectual Property Rights, Indigenous cultural protocols and related cultural safety issues)
- excellent project management and planning skills, coupled with a general understanding of the project life cycle, project documentation, project standards and methodologies
- excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with sound negotiating and conflict resolution skills and a demonstrated level of tact and discretion in dealing with a variety of matters
- effective in managing a diverse group of key stakeholders on large or complex projects and the ability to develop/cultivate productive relationships with local communities and key users.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all roles required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustments or support filling out this application, please contact Kristy Fairweather, Recruitment Operations by email to email@example.com
Copyright The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Thursday 12 October 2023 11:59 PM