- Part-time 0.5 FTE, Fixed Term position for two years
- Academic Level A + 17% Superannuation
- Based at the Melbourne CBD campus
About the role
As Research Assistant, you will be working on a project of Australian Research Council's Linkage scheme (LP220100191) Extinction Imaginaries: Mapping Affective Visual Cultures in Australasia with industry partners Saffron Aid and Greenpeace (Australia/Aotearoa/NZ) and the Universities of Western Sydney and Canterbury (Aotearoa/NZ).
You will be responsible for applying detailed knowledge to assist more senior academics with complex tasks and have the ability to: review literature, social media, art projects and other visual material; assist in the preparation of an RMIT ethics approval document for the project; analyse interview transcripts and survey results; negotiate copyright of images for publication and assist with curating visual material.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- A PhD in a field in the environmental humanities or be in the process of completing a PhD in this field
- Evidence of research output including publications, conference contributions and/or technical reports in the field
- Ability to work autonomously whilst displaying a strong commitment to work in a team
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage varying workloads and respond to changing priorities as required
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children and National Police Check.
About the College
The College of Design and Social Context encompasses RMIT University's renowned art, architecture, design, built environment, communication, and social science disciplines. The college has 24,500 students and over 1,000 staff located in 8 schools.
The College's academic programs are generally market leaders and in high demand. Based on a strong foundation of practice led, industry partnered teaching and research, we aim to deliver skilled graduates with a deep sense of purpose, and high impact research and innovation.
For more information see www.rmit.edu.au/dsc
Please submit your CV and covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria for this position by clicking on the 'Apply' link at the top of this page.
For further information about this position, please see the Position Description hyperlinked below or contact Professor Marco Amati via email email@example.com.