Pay Per Click (PPC) Analyst
Location: Highfield Campus
Salary: £29,605 to £33,966 per annum
Full Time Fixed Term
Closing Date: Thursday 12 October 2023
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Highfield Campus, Blended between office and home in the United Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity for a Pay Per Click (PPC) Analyst to join us and develop their skills across our projects and delivery teams.
This is a fixed-term position covering a 12-month maternity leave.
About the role You will be responsible for analysing PPC media performance, using data and analytical skills and tools to optimise outcomes from all PPC activities depending on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and most importantly: improving our return on investment.
You’ll join an award-winning team dedicated to developing and maintaining user-centred digital products and services. This will help meet the needs of many of our user groups - from applying to a course, to finding research collaborations and much more.
You’ll need to:
- showcase your mastery of keyword research, ad creation, and account optimisation
- working knowledge of designing, facilitating and analysing a range of qualitative and quantitative user research methods.
- collaborate with our Search Engine Optimisation specialists, Performance Analysts and marketing teams throughout the campaign planning and execution of our paid search activities, to support the University in its marketing efforts
- work with colleagues to analyse the data and synthesise clear and actionable findings
- communicate findings to help the team develop a deep understanding of KPIs and campaign improvements
- contribute to the wider digital user experience team and UX community Your skills and experience
You’ll need to be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience. It’s okay if you don’t have everything in this list. We’re looking for people who are a good fit and willing to learn.
- A working knowledge of keyword research, campaign build and ad scheduling
- A working knowledge of bidding strategies and implementation of manual and automated campaign bidding
- Experience in creating compelling campaign content
The University of Southampton promotes a healthy work life balance with generous holiday allowance, flexi-time and flexible working. For more information on our benefits, please visit the HR pages. To read more about the team and its ethos, visit our recruitment pages.