Assistant Professor / Associate Professor in Fine Arts / Photography / Fashion Design
The American University of the Middle East (AUM) is a private university established in 2005 in Kuwait. AUM’s mission is to provide an interactive learning environment that facilitates the development of leaders who are committed to their culture, global ethical values, and professionalism.
Within the last 10 years, AUM became a landmark in the private higher education sector in Kuwait and the region through its curricula, its integrated and green campus, and a culture which embraces diversity and innovation. The University is ranked as the Top University in Kuwait and 18th in the region in Times Higher Education(THE) Arab University Rankings 2022.
The Liberal Arts Department (LAD) at AUM strives to prepare students for the challenges of the ever-changing global community by cultivating enduring skills for lifelong achievement through an emphasis on creative thinking and effective communication, accompanied with cultural awareness that a liberal arts education provides.
AUM Liberal Arts Department (LAD) is recruiting full-time faculty members as Assistant Professors or Associate Professors for Fine Arts/Fashion Design/ Photography courses to start from Fall semester 2023.
- A Ph.D. degree in Fine Arts/Fashion Design/ Photography or any other relevant major from an internationally accredited university is required. Demonstrated excellence in teaching and research with a publication track record in indexed journals.
Faculty members will be committed to AUM’s mission and its learner-centered approach by:
- Being involved in teaching activities related to specialization courses and other common courses relevant to the applicant educational and/or professional background
- Significantly contributing to the advancement of the research activities
- Passionately supporting the college and departmental wide activities and services with a spirit of leadership, commitment, accountability, and collegiality
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, presentations, and assignments in collaboration with other faculty members teaching the same courses;
- Deliver student centered lectures through the effective use of available learning management systems (Moodle and Banner);
- Administer and grade formative and summative assessments and provide feedback;
- Maintain regularly scheduled office hours for students; and attend regular faculty meetings; and
- Conduct research and publish findings by adhering to the institution's policies.
How to Apply?
Applicants are invited to apply by sending the following documents to email@example.com:
- Cover Letter Curriculum Vitae (CV) with a recent photo
- Copies of diplomas and certificates
- Recommendation letters, if available
Equal Opportunity Employer
AUM is an equal opportunity employer. It offers internationally competitive salaries, remuneration packages, research incentives, and professional development opportunities.
With faculty members and staff coming from more than 60 countries, AUM is a diverse and inclusive environment. AUM campus houses cutting-edge facilities that faculty and staff can benefit from such as Sports Center, Library, Research and Innovation Center, Cultural Center, and more than 55 laboratories.
Explore AUM Campus
AUM is located at Al-Eqaila, an urban area of Al-Ahmadi Governate in Kuwait. Al-Eqaila is a quiet area that has a distinctive location close to the sea and is 30 km away from the Capital, Kuwait City. Al-Eqaila also has green spaces and features a wide variety of shopping centers, restaurants, cafes, and recreational spots.
Kuwait has a beautiful coastline, remarkable architecture, and an abundance of cultural and historical landmarks.
Phone: (+965) 2225 1400