Assistant Professor / Associate Professor in Finance
The American University of the Middle East (AUM) is a private university established in 2005 in Kuwait. AUM’s mission is to provide an interactive learning environment that facilitates the development of leaders who are committed to their culture, global ethical values, and professionalism.
Within the last ten years, AUM became a landmark in the private higher education sector in Kuwait and the region through its curricula, its integrated and green campus, and a culture which embraces diversity and innovation. The University is ranked as the Top University in Kuwait and 18th in the region in Times Higher Education(THE) Arab University Rankings 2022.
The College of Business Administration (CBA) at AUM offers an innovative business education through a learner-centered approach that enables students to excel in a dynamic local and global business environment. CBA is fully accredited by AACSB International, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
AUM College of Business Administration is recruiting full-time faculty members as Assistant or Associate Professors for its Finance Department to start from Fall Semester 2023.
The successful applicants are expected to engage in the teaching and research activities by demonstrating highest professional standard, academic integrity, and diversity of active learning and pedagogical tools. Successful candidates for this position are expected to have:
- A PhD Degree from an accredited institution in Finance or a related field.
- A relevant teaching experience in the relevant discipline in a reputed institution.
- A consistent track record of intellectual output demonstrated by publications in high impact, good quality, Scopus Indexed journals with a promising potential for further research.
- Active engagement in curriculum design, program development, and community engagement.
The successful candidate is expected to prepare and deliver Finance Courses in an engaging, innovative, immersive, and discipline-relevant pedagogical approaches, reflecting commitment, sincerity, integrity, equity, and respect for cultural dimensions while delivering the course material. The responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to:
- Teach courses in the Finance discipline, such as: Financial Management, Corporate Finance, Investment Management, Financial Modeling, Case Studies in Finance, and preferably, Islamic Finance, and Financial Technology (FinTech), among others.
- Participate in the departmental activities which includes representation on different academic and support committees.
- Prepare course material, curriculum design and review, program development, assessment of student learning outcomes, and mentor student projects, events and academic fair projects Remain current with the field of specialization by participating in the faculty development programs and activities, serve on task forces, working groups, and student support committees.
- Reflect the highest standards of ethics and collegiality in all interactions, teaching, and publication.
- Meet the necessary deadlines for grades submission and make use of office hours as per the regulations to support student advancement and development.
How to Apply?
Applicants are invited to apply by sending the following documents to email@example.com:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) with a recent photo
- Copies diplomas or certificates
- Recommendation letters, if available
Equal Opportunity Employer
AUM is an equal opportunity employer. It offers internationally competitive salaries, remuneration packages, research incentives, and professional development opportunities.
With faculty members and staff coming from more than 60 countries, AUM is a diverse and inclusive environment. AUM campus houses cutting-edge facilities that faculty and staff can benefit from such as Sports Center, Library, Research and Innovation Center, Cultural Center, and more than 55 laboratories.
Explore AUM Campus
AUM is located at Al-Eqaila, an urban area of Al-Ahmadi Governorate in Kuwait. Al-Eqaila is a quiet area that has a distinctive location close to the sea and is 30 km away from the Capital, Kuwait City. Al-Eqaila also has green spaces and features a wide variety of shopping centers, restaurants, cafes, and recreational spots.
Kuwait has a beautiful coastline, remarkable architecture, and an abundance of cultural and historical landmarks.