Associate Lecturer, Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Job no: 0040659
Role type: Full-time or Part-time; Fixed-term position 2nd Jan 2024 until 31st December 2024
Faculty: Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: Department of Audiology and Speech Pathology
Salary: Level A/B – $80,258 - $108,906 p.a. OR Level B - $114,645 - $136,136 p.a (pro rata) plus 17% super
- Lead and elevate audiology education at The University of Melbourne, driving innovation in the Master of Clinical Audiology program.
- Collaborate with a passionate team committed to enriching audiology student learning experiences and advancing the field.
- Salary packaging, subsidised health and wellbeing services, fitness and cultural clubs, Myki discounts, and a 25% discount on graduate courses to our staff and their immediate families!
About the Role
This is a compelling opportunity for an accomplished teaching scholar to make a significant impact within the Department of Audiology and Speech Pathology at The University of Melbourne. Join our vibrant and dedicated team, where you will play a pivotal role in shaping the educational journey of audiology students. You'll have the chance to contribute to the ongoing evolution of our Master of Clinical Audiology course, while staying at the forefront of audiology trends and issues. Be part of a collaborative academic community at the Melbourne School of Health Sciences, where your passion for teaching and commitment to excellence will thrive.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide supervision and support for Master of Clinical Audiology students as well as providing subject coordination of programs of study in the Department.
- Actively contribute to the ongoing development and delivery of the clinical education program in the Master of Clinical Audiology program.
- Prepare and deliver lectures and seminars, conduct tutorials, practical classes and assessment of these tasks.
Who We Are Looking For
You're adept at independent and collaborative work, ensuring project success. Your strong communication fosters lasting relationships, and you're proactive in contributing to departmental initiatives.
You will also have:
- Aural rehabilitation experience in both practice and teaching.
- Eligibility for membership of Audiology Australia or similar professional organisation.
- Experience in teaching with the flexibility to participate in and teach a broad range of subjects with a commitment to maintaining clinical currency.
- Proven record in teaching and scholarship, including creating assessment materials, delivering lectures, facilitating tutorials, and collaborating effectively in a team.
For further information regarding responsibilities and requirements, please refer to the attached PD.
This position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check to ensure the University provides a safe environment for everyone.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This role requires current valid work rights for Australia.
Your New Team – Melbourne School of Health Sciences
The Melbourne School of Health Sciences (MSHS) provides qualifying and postgraduate courses in the disciplines of Nursing, Physiotherapy, Social Work, Audiology and Speech Pathology, and Optometry and Vision Sciences. As a candidate, joining our team means being part of a dynamic and impactful community dedicated to advancing healthcare education and practice. You will have the opportunity to shape the learning experiences of our students and make a positive impact on their future careers. By joining MSHS, you will not only contribute to the growth and reputation of our School but also play a crucial role in improving healthcare outcomes for individuals and communities.
What We Offer You!
In addition, we offer the opportunity to be part of a vibrant community and enjoy a range of benefits, including generous leave provisions, salary packaging, health and well-being services and discounts on graduate courses. For more information, check out our benefits page!
About the University of Melbourne
We’re tightly connected with the community, both at home and abroad. We take pride in our people, who all contribute to our mission to benefit society through the transformative impact of education and research. Discover more via our website and stay connected with our stories and people on LinkedIn.
The University of Melbourne values the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community and welcomes and celebrates diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, parents, carers, people of all ages, abilities and genders, and people of diverse ethnicity, nationality and faith are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. For more information please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page.
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact the email address listed at the bottom of the page.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We aspire to be the University of choice for Indigenous Australians, with unprecedented investment to attract, nurture and retain Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and staff. Tangible support through a range of programs and initiatives will ensure that you personally succeed and flourish while at the University of Melbourne.
For further information, including our 2023-2027 Indigenous strategy please visit -https://about.unimelb.edu.au/reconciliation/murmuk-djerring
If you feel this role is right for you, please apply with the following documents:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest and experience
Please note that you are not required to respond to the selection criteria in the Position Description.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please feel free to contact Tara Amini via email at Faculties-TA@unimelb.edu.au, ensuring that you include the Position Number and the Job Title as the subject. Please do not share your application to this email address.
If you have any particular questions regarding the job please follow the details listed on the Position Description.
Applications close: 12 October 2023 11:55 PM Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)
Position Description: 0040659 Associate Lecturer PD-Level A or B - PD.pdf