Senior Scientist, Social Sciences
49 Faculty of Social Sciences
Startdate: 02.11.2023 | Working hours: 30 | Collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 lit. b (postdoc)
Limited until: 14.05.2027
Reference no.: 1244
Among the many reasons to research and teach at the University of Vienna there is one in particular, which has convinced around 7,500 academic staff members so far. They see themselves as personalities who need space for continuous striving for top international research and scientific excellence. At the same time they enjoy support and liberties that are not a given at other institutions. Does that sound like something for you? Welcome to our team!
Your personal sphere of play:
Your future position is at the Department of Political Science in the research area of International Politics. The Department of Political Science researches and teaches in all core areas of political science, develops innovative and problem-oriented research foci, and offers a wide range of options for specialization for students. The Department's staff investigates the changing forms and functions of governance, the state, and democracy in different political fields, geographic regions, and political spaces.
In the research area of International Politics a team of renowned and award-winning academic staff at one of the most advanced departments for political science in the German-speaking world awaites you. The department offers you outstanding research projects, interdisciplinary cooperation, collegial exchange and exchange with a young generation of students.
Your future tasks:
The primary area of responsibility is the establishment of long-term research structures and the acquisition of third-party funds in the research area of International Politics (Univ.-Prof. Dr. Ulrich Brand). The tasks include organizational activities as well as tasks of academic self-administration at the Department and teaching level.
- Active participation in research and administration, this implies
- Project application and acquisition of third-party funding
- Participation in research projects and organization of international conferences (especially an international conference on historical-materialist policy analysis)
- Establishment and expansion of an independent research profile
- International publications and lectures
- Participation in evaluation measures and quality assurance
- Participation in research, teaching and department administration
This is part of your personality:
- Completed doctoral studies in political science
- Excellent knowledge in the fields of international politics, international political ecology as well as development research with a focus on Latin America
- Interest in research on the concept of "imperial mode of living"
- Good knowledge of qualitative methods of empirical social research
- Proven ability to publish in renowned, relevant media
- High level of written and oral expression
- Excellent command of written and spoken German and English
- IT user skills
- Capacity for teamwork
- Experience in the acquisition of external funding
- Experience in participating in research projects
- Experience with international lecturing
- Teaching experience in political science
- Knowledge of university processes and structures
What we offer:
Work-life balance: Our employees enjoy flexible working hours with the possibility to work remotely (upon agreement).
Fair salary: According to the collective bargaining agreement, the gross monthly salary is EUR 3,263.9 for 30 hours/week (§48 VwGr. B1 lit. b [postdoc]). The salary is paid 14 times per year.
Inspiring working atmosphere: You are part of an international team with excellent research infrastructure in a relaxed working environment.
Good public transport connections: Your new workplace is easily accessible by public transport.
Internal further training & Coaching: We provide opportunities to deepen your skills on an ongoing basis.
Equal opportunities for everyone: We look forward to diverse personalities in the team!
It is that easy to apply:
- Letter of intent
- Scientific curriculum vitae (including list of publications, list of courses, list of lecturing activities, description of experience with the preparation of research proposals and implementation of externally funded projects)
- Description of research interests and research plans (5 pages)
- Contact details of persons who could provide referece letters
- Relevant certificates
- Via our job portal/ Apply now - button
If you have any questions, please contact:
We look forward to new personalities in our team!
The University of Vienna has an anti-discriminatory employment policy and attaches great importance to equal opportunities, the advancement of women and diversity. We lay special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions among the academic and general university staff and therefore expressly encourage qualified women to apply. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female candidates.
University of Vienna. Space for personalities. Since 1365.
Application deadline: 10/03/2023
(Senior) Lecturer & Researcher
More searches like this
- Politics & International Studies Academic Posts jobs in Austria
- Politics & International Studies Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Austria
- Politics & International Studies Postdocs jobs in Austria
- Politics & International Studies Research Related jobs in Austria
- Politics & International Studies Other Research Related jobs in Austria