Management Accountant Assistant
This is a key role in the Management Accounts (Faculties) office. The post holder will be responsible to the Senior Finance Business Partner, as part of the team ensuring that high quality financial data is provided to academic and financial departments within the Faculty of Arts & Humanities, Dentistry and the Faculty of Dentistry, Oral & Craniofacial Sciences faculties.
The successful candidate will be a fully integrated member of the team and will work closely with the Management Accountants based on the Guy’s campuses and Lavington Street, particularly in the areas of staff establishments & pay reconciliations, but also with the opportunity to develop their own interests.
Strong communication skills are necessary to liaise with colleagues and academic staff, and excellent IT skills are required to help innovate & improve our working practices.
A generous study package is available for staff studying for a relevant professional qualification.
This post will be offered on a permanent basis.
This is a full-time post - 100% full time equivalent
- Maintaining specific elements of staff establishments and preparing pay reconciliations for the relevant areas.
- Providing ad-hoc support the Management Accountant and Senior Finance Business Partner.
- Working with the Management Accountants to improve & enhance systems and operational practices.
- Understanding, maintaining, and promoting a strong internal control environment.
- Management of data held on the finance system, understanding the P2P process, raising sales invoices, and aspects of the HR system.
- Undertaking a month-end process including accruals
- Being responsible for own ad-hoc project areas and working with external partners (eg NHS Trusts).
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. Working towards a CCAB/CIMA/ACCA/AAT accountancy qualification
2. GCSE grade C or equivalent in Mathematics and English
3. Vocational qualifications or relevant skills acquired through work experience
4. Excellent communication skills
5. Advanced IT skills, especially MS Excel
6. Excellent written and spoken English
7. Experience of a major accounting package
8. Experience of producing reliable financial data
9. Experience in a customer facing role or equivalent
10. Conscientious, with a good eye for accuracy & detail
11. Able to identify problems and provide solutions
12. Well organised with ability to prioritise & manage workload
13. Educated to degree level
14. Experience of working in a management accounting role