Analytics Specialist (Project Manager)
- Full time, continuing role as an Analytics Specialist within Advanced Analytics, Planning and Enterprise Data team
- Work in an innovative team while utilising your expertise in in Project Management to produce exciting analytics outputs
- Base salary $117,116 - $132,079 plus 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Analytics Specialist is a member of the Advanced Analytics, Planning, and Enterprise Data function within the Strategy Portfolio. This position offers a fabulous opportunity to learn, work with autonomy, and deliver actionable insights to university stakeholders utilizing analytics and data visualization techniques using data from a range of sources to support decision-making and enable improved staff and student experience. This involves collaborating with stakeholders across the University to solve business problems through the effective use of analytical techniques. The Analytics Specialist combines analytical and statistical knowledge with technical skills to ensure that analytics outputs are accessible, well-governed and exciting. We offer not only an exciting challenge but a diverse and great culture within a pioneering and innovation team within the University of Sydney.
Project Management skills will be a key component to your success in this role, where you will have the opportunity to grow, learn and collaborate with a community of analytics experts to continuously develop and apply an in-depth understanding of the factors influencing staff and student experience, and operational factors that contribute to positive results for the University.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- provide guidance, coaching and advice to developing team members to contribute to a collaborative and end to end service focused team culture
- partner with stakeholders to understand challenges and opportunities where analytics techniques can be applied to create positive impact
- apply best practice techniques (using SQL, Python, R) to analyse and process data
- employ advanced analytics techniques (e.g. machine learning to forecast future trends) to support stakeholders in understanding impact of decisions or importance of variables, gain support from Data Science colleagues where appropriate for advice and support
- provide high-level interpretation of data and analytics, summarise insights and provide guidance to stakeholders in making data driven decisions
- proactively identify and address opportunities to illustrate the "data health" of key information and metrics
- contribute to enhancements in the operating model for the function to ensure high value/high impact initiatives are prioritized to benefit the University, Students, and Research outcomes.
- proven project management skills and project leadership to deliver high quality outcomes, using agile methodologies
- tertiary qualifications in analytics, data, or other relevant field and extensive relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant training and experience
- extensive experience in delivering actionable recommendations using analytics applications e.g. Python, R, Power BI, SQL (highly advantageous)
- expert skills validating, querying, and discovering patterns and relationships in data to deliver insights
- ability to design and run small information sessions and workshops and present information in non-technical terms to a wide variety of end-users with differing needs
- passion for obtaining a thorough understanding of the student lifecycle and University data, identifying how this can be used to answer business questions and provide recommendations to business problems
- excellent time and workload management skills and organisational skills.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Kristy Fairweather, Recruitment Operations, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 01 October 2023 11:59 PM