Director, Health Science and Community
- Senior leadership role within Swinburne - Vocational Education & Training (VET)
- Full time, 5 year fixed term position, Wantirna
- Attractive salary and benefits with flexible working options
About the Role
We are seeking a driven leader to come join us as the Director, Health, Science and Community (HSC). This is an excellent opportunity for a strategic thinker to work collaboratively across our campuses and drive growth. In this role, you will lead and manage the educational and business activities for the portfolio within Vocational Education & Training (VET) at Swinburne University of Technology. Reporting to the Pro Vice Chancellor VET & Chief Executive, the Director will significantly contribute to the design, development, delivery and evaluation of innovative, high quality education programs within the HSC Portfolio. A key focus of the Director HSC will be to implement and achieve the initiatives set out in the VET Roadmap, which in turn will align the department with Swinburne’s strategic direction.
The Director will also oversee operational matters and business activity that supports the development of staff within HSC, to ensure a high performing team.
To be suitable for this role you will need to have experience in the below key accountabilities:
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to a large team and to work collaboratively with leaders across a tertiary institution (in particular vocational education) to achieve outcomes.
- Excellent communications skills, including the ability to build trust, foster innovation, collaboration and a strong action orientation.
- A proven record in devising and implementing innovative approaches to teaching and learning, including the application of new technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the tertiary education sector in Australia, the education and development needs of the Australian and international business community, and Federal and State Government policies in respect of post-secondary education.
- Established strategic, analytical and conceptual skills, together with the proven ability to implement strategic plans in a complex organisational environment.
- AQF5 level (or above) Qualification in Education.
- Relevant tertiary degree or vocational qualification including evidence of currency.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne Horizon 2025 draws upon our understanding of future challenges. With this new strategic plan, we choose to build Swinburne as the prototype of a new and different university – one that is truly of Technology, of Innovation and of Entrepreneurship, and proud of it. We are committed to a differentiated university proposition in education and research, so that:
- Every Swinburne learner gets a work experience
- Every Swinburne graduate gets a job
- Every Swinburne partner gets a tech solution
- Swinburne is the prototype of global best practice
The achievement of our 2025 moon shots depends on our capacity to work collectively, always, as One Swinburne.
Please submit your CV and cover letter addressing your suitability for this position.
To review the Position Description and to apply, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
If you are viewing this advert from an external site, please click ‘apply’ and you will be redirected to Swinburne’s Jobs website to access the Position Description at the bottom of the page.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Swinburne Talent Acquisition Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications Close: 5pm, Wednesday 27th September 2023
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.
Equity and Diversity
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation and we are proud of our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion through key initiatives. For further information on all our initiatives visit our Equity & Diversity website.
We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact email@example.com
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant