University Assistant Predoctoral, Business, Economics and Statistics
37 Faculty of Business, Economics and Statistics
Startdate: 01.10.2023 | Working hours: 30 | Collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 Grundstufe (praedoc)
Limited until: permanent
Reference no.: 865
Among the many good reasons to want to research and teach at the University of Vienna, there is one in particular, which has convinced around 7,500 academic staff members so far. They see themselves as personalities who need space for their continuous striving and curiosity in order to be able to be scientifically successful. Does that sound like something for you? Welcome to our team!
Your personal sphere of influence:
The positions are meant to support young scientists through their Ph.D. research. The successful applicants will participate in the departments Ph.D. programme and are expected to work on one of the following topics: Sparse generalised ANOVA models, change points in Gaussian processes, classification of dependent data.
Your future tasks:
You actively participate in research, teaching & administration, which means:
- You are involved in research projects and scientific studies in the area of Sparse generalised ANOVA models, change points in Gaussian processes or classification of dependent data.
- We expect you to finalize your dissertation agreement within 12-18 months.
- You work on your dissertation and its completion.
- You hold courses independently within the scope of the provisions of the collective bargaining agreement.
- You take on administrative tasks in research, teaching and administration.
- You work on your own publications, academic articles and presentations
This is part of your personality:
- Completed Master's degree or diploma, in the field of statistics, mathematics or a closely related field (completed or about to be completed).
- A strong background in mathematical statistics and probability theory
- Promising potential for original high-level research
- Didactic competences / experience with e-learning
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (C1 Level)
- You should be a team player with high social skills
What we offer:
The employment duration is 4 years. Initially limited to 1.5 years, the employment relationship is automatically extended to 4 years if the employer does not terminate it within the first 12 months by submitting a non-extension declaration.
Work-life balance: Our employees enjoy flexible, family-friendly working hours, remote/hybrid and/or part-time work (upon agreement).
Inspiring working atmosphere: You are a part of an international academic team in a healthy and fair working environment.
Good public transport connections: Your workplace in the center of beautiful Vienna is easily accessible by public transport.
Internal further training & Coaching: Opportunity to deepen your skills on an ongoing basis. There are over 600 courses to choose from – free of charge.
Fair salary: The basic salary of EUR 3277,30 (on a full-time basis) increases if we can credit professional experience.
Equal opportunities for everyone: We look forward to diverse personalities in the team!
It is that easy to apply:
- With your scientific curriculum vitae
- With a letter of motivation
- With your summary of research interests / ideas for a prospective doctoral project proposal (max. 1 p.)
- Master Degree / Diploma
- Via our job portal/ Apply now - button
If you have any questions, please contact:
We look forward to new personalities in our team!
The University of Vienna has an anti-discriminatory employment policy and attaches great importance to equal opportunities, the advancement of women and diversity. We lay special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions among the academic and general university staff and therefore expressly encourage qualified women to apply. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female candidates.
University of Vienna. Space for personalities. Since 1365.
Application deadline: 11/06/2023