Research Associate (Cancer Science Institute)
Are you a biomedical researcher motivated to pursue an outstanding career in cancer research with a focus on organoid research?
Cancer will affect more than 1 in 3 Singaporeans. At the Cancer Science Institute (CSI), our mission is to be at the global forefront of research to overcome this scourge. Our innovative international faculty, cutting-edge facilities, supportive working environment and competitive package together enable each of our staff to realize their maximum potential.
We now seek a Research Assistant/ Associate to join the team of Prof. Ashok Venkitaraman. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with a world-leading cancer researcher to undertake pioneering research on the role of genome instability in human carcinogenesis (eg., see Venkitaraman Science (2014) PMID:24675954 and Venkitaraman DNA Repair (2019) PMID:31337537).
The prospective candidate's job scope will be to handle biochemical, biophysical and structural experiments with regards to BRCA2 structure and function. She/he will be involved in protein expression, protein purification, affinity measurements and various other biophysical tools. She/he might also support other researchers in the group with structural determination efforts using cryoEM. She/he will not need to be familiar with all the techniques involved, but is expected to have experience with structural biology and protein synthesis.
- maintain up to date records of inventories for chemical/ biological reagents
- assist when required with procurement
- ensure tidiness and cleanliness of the lab is maintained
- Basic principles and practices in the fields of structural biology.
- Methods of scientific research and relevant scientific theories.
- General rules for safe exposure and handling of chemical and biological hazards
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others
- Perform laboratory tests in an efficient and timely manner