Research Assistant, Theranostics Centre for Excellence - Diagnostic Radiology
The National University of Singapore invites applications for multiple Research Assistant positions for the Theranostics Centre for Excellence (TCE) in the Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The TCE is committed to developing various forms of cancer theranostics (therapeutics and diagnostics) that are clinically translatable. The center puts special emphasis on radionuclide imaging and therapy of cancer (radiotheranostics), nanotheranostics (various forms of nanoformulas for gene and drug delivery), and immunotheranostics (mRNA vaccine in particular). More information on the program is available at https://www.tntchenlab.com/ and https://medicine.nus.edu.sg/trp/nanomedicine/. Appointments will be made on a 2-year contract basis in the first instance, with the possibility of extension.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant (RA) will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator and study team members to work on one of more of the following:
- Bioinformatics for cancer neoantigen identification
- mRNA nanovaccine formula development
- Preclinical small animal imaging and cancer therapy
- IND-enabling studies and IRB protocols
- Lab management
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Assistant will liaise with the relevant personnel in the Nanomedicine Translational Research Program to (1) help the principal investigator manage the laboratory operations, and (2) execute some basic experiments with standard protocols. Singapore PRs and Citizens with degree in biotechnology or related fields are eligible to apply this position.
The applicant should:
- Have a first degree with good results or holds a Master’s degree in chemistry, biology, medicine or related disciplines; preferably with some experience in research;
- be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature, attention to detail; and
- have knowledge of computer applications, e.g. SPSS, MS office, PowerPoint.
- have experiences in the nanomedicine areas of research.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department: Diagnostic Radiology
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 19914