Classification: ANU Officer 8 (Administration)
Salary package: $107,263-$114,700 plus 17% superannuation
Term: Full Time, Continuing
Location: Canberra/ACT, flexible options considered
The ANU Centre for Learning and Teaching is looking for a Senior Education Designer (Inclusive Design) to contribute to developing inclusive learning experiences as a core aspect of the University’s Learning and Teaching Strategy.
The ANU Centre for Learning and Teaching (CLT) is looking for a Senior Educational Designer (Inclusive Design) to ensure our learning experiences are developed with accessibility and inclusion at the core, and to build capability in CLT and across ANU in this area through collaboration, professional development, support and guidelines.
The Senior Education Designer (Inclusive Design) is part of Education Design team within CLT. The position works in close collaboration with other teams and leaders in CLT and ITS, academic staff and college-based educational support staff.
ANU is home to some of the most remarkable people from across the world: visionaries, influential leaders, researchers and advocates creating impact and change nationally, regionally and globally. ANU attracts exceptional staff and students and, through education and enrichment programs, helps them to achieve ambitious goals, and pursue brilliant careers. Ranked in the top 30 universities globally, the first Australian university to be recognised in this elite tier, ANU continues to be an academic resource for the whole of Australia.
The Centre for Learning and Teaching (CLT) supports the ANU Learning & Teaching Strategy's vision for creating innovative learning experiences that support and inspire our students. CLT acts as a knowledge, support and professional learning hub for staff in educational design and pedagogy. It works collaboratively across the University to enhance our learning environments, and to celebrate teaching excellence and innovation.
Learning & Teaching renewal. ANU is embarking on the biggest digital uplift in learning and teaching in our history. It will be a transformation that matches our national and global mission. We will enhance the learning and teaching experience at ANU for our students, academics, professional staff and the wider community. We are seeking great people to be a part of this history-making journey.
Working at ANU
Our staff enjoy some amazing employee benefits including:
- Highly flexible, hybrid working arrangements, working both on our beautiful, green campus and working remotely.
- Excellent support for skills development initiatives, including training, mentoring & upskilling opportunities.
- Discounted Study with 75% off ANU courses or 25% for your spouse and children (see eligibility).
- Good work/life balance and an inclusive and supportive culture
- Supportive, challenging and motivating culture
- Family friendly facilities such as on campus childcare, designated parent rooms and quiet spaces.
- Generous paid parental leave entitlements up to 32 weeks. We are one of the leading employers in Australia for parental leave entitlements.
- Excellent work–life balance with full time equivalent of 7-hour workday, paid December shut-down, purchase leave, cultural leave, job-sharing, part time options, compressed working weeks, flexible times of work.
- Onsite gym facilities with staff discounts as well as oval spaces and ANU sports clubs.
- Affordable onsite parking (salary sacrificed)
- We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all backgrounds and identities
- Supportive of staff wellbeing initiatives including additional leave, Employee Assistance Program, vaccinations, health-insurance plan options.
For further information, please contact Wendy Collins, Digital Education Design Lead email@example.com
How to Apply
To apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A cover letter describing how your skills, experience and approach align with the role - maximum 2 pages.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least two referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees, you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
Please note: The successful candidate must have rights to live and work in this country will be required to undergo a background check during the recruitment process. An offer of employment is conditional on satisfactory results.