Lecturer / Senior Lecturer (Teaching and Research) - Business Analytics
- Full time continuing teaching and research post
- Join a world-leading Business Analytics group at a top 20 globally ranked University ( 2024 QS world rankings )
- Academic Level B or C, Base Salary $118,390 - $167,221 p.a. + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney is Australia's first university and has an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. The University of Sydney Business School is one of the Asia Pacific region's premier centers for engaged and innovative business education and research, and is in the one percent of business schools globally to hold accreditation from AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA. It is the only Australian member school of CEMS, the Community of European Management Schools & International Companies.
The Discipline of Business Analytics is a group that combines academics from Operations Research/Operations Management, Statistics/Econometrics, and Machine Learning. We are engaged in all aspects of analyzing data, making forecasts and building models to assist in management decisions. The Discipline has research strengths in the areas of mathematical optimization, supply chain management and scheduling theory, financial time series and quantitative risk management, business and economic forecasting, statistical learning, machine learning, Bayesian statistics and computationally intensive estimation.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- work successfully in a team environment
- develop and maintain an outstanding record of academic excellence in research, including regular publication in journals of high standing, pursuing research grants, and presenting and disseminating research findings through appropriate channels
- contribute to the research strengths of the school in a spirit of collegiality and collaboration
- develop and deliver cutting edge, innovative and high-quality teaching and learning at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral level to culturally diverse student cohorts
- engage in interdisciplinary collaborations within the University and with external stakeholders
- demonstrate commitment to lifelong learning and responsible management education
- contribute actively to the governance and service activities within the Discipline, School and University
- supervise higher degree research students.
We are looking for a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Business Analytics (equivalent to a tenure-track Assistant Professor in North America) who possesses:
- PhD in Operations Research, Operations Management, Statistics, Econometrics, or a related discipline (A PhD under examination is acceptable at lecturer level)
- an active research program with significant potential for future publication (Lecturer level) or a well-established program (Senior Lecturer level)
- evidence of high-quality teaching in Business Analytics, Operations Research, Operations Management, Statistics, Econometrics, or Machine Learning, at undergraduate or postgraduate level; we are especially interested in academics who have expertise in Operations Research and Operations Management
- interest in, experience of, or potential for teaching in interdisciplinary teams
- demonstrated capacity to stimulate, actively engage and educate a range of audiences using a range of media
- capacity to contribute to (Lecturer level) or take leadership of (Senior Lecturer) course and program development
- potential for engagement with industry (Lecturer level) or experience in consulting or collaborating with industry (Senior Lecturer level)
- evidence of successful teamwork and a collegial approach.
To be considered for this position, please provide a CV and a cover letter which demonstrates your suitability and enthusiasm for this role. These will provide evidence of how your experience and scholarship aligns with the role and should be uploaded online, along with any additional information you may have in support of your application.
For the right candidates, visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For further information about the position please contact Professor Peter Radchenko at email@example.com or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application please contact Recruitment Consultant Rae Hao on 8627 0063 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 22 October 2023 11:59 PM