Research Assistant Professor / Assistant Professor, School of Graduate Studies
Lingnan University, a distinctive liberal arts institution in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, is committed to the provision of quality whole-person education by combining the best of Chinese and Western liberal arts traditions. It strives to pursue excellence in teaching, learning, scholarship and community engagement. With three academic Faculties and the School of Interdisciplinary Studies, it offers a wide range of undergraduate degree programmes in the areas of Arts, Business and Social Sciences, and the broad curriculum covers an array of general education, interdisciplinary and science courses. The School of Graduate Studies offers research and taught postgraduate programmes up to doctoral level in various disciplines, and provides professional education for the wider society. Lingnan’s liberal arts education is characterised by a broad-based interdisciplinary curriculum with specialised disciplinary studies; close student-staff relationship; a vibrant residential campus; ample global learning opportunities; active community engagement and multifarious workplace experience.
Applications are now invited for the following posts:
School of Graduate Studies
The School of Graduate Studies (GS) is established for strengthening the central support for postgraduate programmes as well as the monitoring of their quality in alignment with the University’s strategic direction of expanding and providing quality postgraduate education. The GS is expanding its scope of research and knowledge transfer programmes in promoting multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary research and development projects related to Higher Education, Education Policy, Development Studies and Urban Studies, Heritage Management and Culture. The GS is searching for staff who can support research, teaching and knowledge transfer activities in the following areas:
- Higher Education
- Education Policy
- Development Studies and Urban Studies
- Heritage Management and Culture
The appointees will be mainly responsible for
- assisting in research projects (e.g. writing research proposals and reports, collecting and analyzing data for research activities);
- organizing research events (e.g., conferences and seminars) and supporting teaching / training programmes;
- engaging different knowledge transfer activities; and
- engaging in teaching and learning activities.
Applicants should have
- relevant postgraduate qualifications in the above broad areas;
- substantial relevant work experience in research proposal writing, conducting research projects and writing research project reports;
- good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills; and
- good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese. Preference will be given to candidates with strong track records in the relevant areas.
The conditions of appointments will be competitive. The rank and remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Fringe benefits include annual leave, medical and dental benefits, mandatory provident fund, gratuity and incoming passage and baggage allowance for the eligible appointees. Appointments will normally be made on a fixed-term contract of up to three years. For Assistant Professor, subject to review and mutual agreement, may normally lead to longer-term appointment with consideration for substantiation.
Application Procedure (online application only)
Please click "Apply Now" to submit your application. Applicants shall provide names and contact information of at least three referees to whom applicants’ consent has been given for their providing references. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
We are an equal opportunities employer. Review of applications will continue until the post is filled. Qualified candidates are advised to submit their applications early for consideration.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, or to fill the post by invitation or by search. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.