Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Professor in Aquaculture Technologies
Successful candidates will join the Engineering (ENG) Cluster (one of five domain clusters in SIT), as members of a team of accomplished experts who are passionate about higher education and deeply involved with industry transformation through their applied research programmes. Faculty in the ENG Cluster undertake funded industry-relevant research, teach courses in civil, mining, electrical, mechanical, material, marine and systems engineering as well as supervise graduate industry masters and doctorate students in relevant topics. They are also provided with paid leave to undertake consultancy work with industry and/or spend time attached to work with industry.
FACULTY OPENINGS AT THE SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) aspires to be a leader in innovative learning by integrating learning, industry and community. Its mission is to nurture and develop individuals who build on their interests and talents to impact society in meaningful ways.
Our engineering degree programmes have been developed through extensive consultation with industry, thus creating a curriculum that supports the industry’s needs in manpower development and innovation. We look forward hire faculty with industrial experience to foster applied learning in the course being delivered.
SIT focuses on working with the industry on translational research and innovation, spanning technology readiness levels (TRLs) 3-7. Unlike traditional research which is discovery-oriented, applied research projects have higher TRLs which bridge the gap between theoretical research and industry applications. SIT Engineering Cluster focusses on the five key pillars of Applied Research (i) Infrastructure (Maintenance) (ii) Sustainability (Built Environment) (iii) Energy Resilience (iv) Maritime Engineering and (v) Advanced Manufacturing, working with various industry sectors in Singapore as well as in the region.
For this faculty position in area of aquaculture technologies, we are looking for candidates with the following essential and desirable skillset and competencies.
- Academic and/or industrial experience in engineering solutions for the aquaculture industry
- Expertise in some or any of the areas of systems engineering, robotics, automation, IOT, and data analytics
- Experience and knowledgeable in the field of aquaculture, with basic knowledge of the related sciences
- Motivated to develop and to teach aquaculture technologies curriculum
- Strong demonstration of interest to develop solutions through applied research projects
- Good knowledge in aquaculture system design, including RAS, monitoring system, and energy management
- Experience in emerging applications of automation, artificial intelligence and data analytics solutions for aquaculture
- Hands on experience in commercial aquaculture farm operation is a plus
- Preferred to having a PhD in a related technical area
- Led or involved in strong industry - academia partnership projects
More searches like this
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Academic Posts jobs in Singapore
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Professors / Chairs jobs in Singapore
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Singapore
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Singapore