Technical Officer, Food Technology
At Professional Officers Division (POD), we bring our rich industry experience and technical skills into our work, creating a better physical environment where learning and innovation take place.
We work with teaching programmes and innovation projects to improve the skills of our students and strengthen our industry and the wider community.
The Technical Officer supports laboratory operation and laboratory maintenance; ensuring laboratories are in conducive condition to conduct laboratory classes.
- Perform daily housekeeping and maintenance to ensure safety, cleanliness, and tidiness of laboratories.
- Provide support in preparation of materials and setting up of experiments for laboratory classes.
- Provide support during laboratory classes and students’ projects.
- Provide support in operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Provide equipment training to laboratory users.
- Custodian for equipment in the laboratory.
- Perform procurement activities of common laboratory equipment, chemicals / ingredients, and consumables.
- Track and maintain inventory of laboratory equipment, chemicals / ingredients and consumables.
- Track and maintain laboratory documentation (Equipment Manuals, Risk Assessments, Safety Data Sheets, Service Report, Equipment Training records and other Safety certificates).
- Review Risk Assessment for equipment.
- Ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations in the laboratories.
- Have a minimum Polytechnic Diploma preferably in Food Science, Food Technology, Chemical Process Technology, Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- Preferably with at least 5 years of work experience in food processing plants/ labs. Prior experience in food industries will be advantageous.
- Have knowledge in basic food hygiene, good manufacturing practices.