Reader / Professor of Entrepreneurship
Job reference: 23/111259
Date posted: 11/09/2023
Application closing date: 10/10/2023
Salary: Reader: £66,212 - £72,335 per annum. Professorial salary will be determined in accordance with the professorial ranges applied within the University.
Job category/type: Academic
Queen's Business School are currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Reader/Professor of Entrepreneurship.in our International Business, Entrepreneurship and Marketing (IBEM) Department. An exciting time of growth this is an opportunity to shape and strengthen the future direction of research and teaching within the IBEM Department. Leading the redesign of our entrepreneurship offering to students. Research at IBEM explores the roles of organisations, from multinational firms to start-up social ventures, in shaping a better world, particularly the transition to net zero and the Sustainable Development Goals. Our supportive research environment enables the pursuit of high-quality publications and fosters meaningful engagement with non-academic stakeholders. whilst working alongside a team whose research is internationally renowned for excellence and high societal impact.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- A PhD in Entrepreneurship or cognate fields;
- Recognised excellence and reputation in Entrepreneurship;
- A sustained journal publication record of international excellence in Entrepreneurship;
- Significant experience of teaching and assessment in Entrepreneurship at university level;
- Demonstrable excellence in classroom teaching and online delivery of teaching;
- Successful supervision of PhD students;
- For Professor: Experience of providing academic leadership at a strategic level (e.g., Director of Research, Head of Department); and
- Experience of providing leadership to the wider scholarly community (e.g., decision-making editorial roles in peer-reviewed journals).
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, click on the 'Candidate Information' link below.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and International Staff Network) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/.