Reader / Professor of Business Analytics / Information Systems
Job reference: 23/111260
Date posted: 11/09/2023
Application closing date: 30/09/2023
Salary: £66,212 - £72,335 per annum. Salary will be determined in accordance with the professorial ranges applied within the University.
Job category/type: Academic
Queen's Business School (QBS) are seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Reader/Professor of Business Analytics/Information Systems within our Information Technology, Analytics, & Operations (ITAO) Department. At a time of growth, this is an opportunity to shape and strengthen the future direction of research and teaching within the ITAO. Our dynamic research environment supports the pursuit of high-quality publications and fosters meaningful engagement with non-academic stakeholders. Current members of the ITAO Department have published their work in leading scholarly journals including Information Systems Research, Production & Operations Management, British Journal of Management, Journal of Strategic Information Systems, European Journal of Information Systems. The Department’s research is funded by multiple grant awarding bodies including EPSRC, ESRC, BBSRC, Innovate UK, and the Northern Ireland Department for the Economy.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- A PhD in Information Systems or cognate fields;
- A distinguished programme of international research activity and dissemination of original, peer-reviewed Business Analytics/Information Systems research;
- A sustained journal publication record of international excellence in Business Analytics/Information Systems;
significant experience of teaching and assessing at university level in one or more of the following areas: artificial intelligence, data mining, machine learning, big data management, statistics for business, HR analytics, marketing analytics, blockchain;
- Demonstrable excellence in classroom teaching and online delivery of teaching;
- Experience of providing leadership to the wider scholarly community; and
- Demonstrable ability to advance the teaching and research goals of the Information Technology, Analytics, & Operations (ITAO) Department and the School.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, click on the 'Candidate Information' link below.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and International Staff Network) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/.