Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Film Practice
Job reference: 23/111252
Date posted: 11/09/2023
Application closing date: 25/09/2023
Salary: £41,331 - £68,194 per annum
Job category/type: Academic
Film at QUB is strongly established within Northern Ireland’s creative landscape, and our successful programmes draw together practical expertise with critical and creative excellence. Offering a unique blend of practical filmmaking and critical thinking, students on our programmes acquire advanced knowledge and skills in filmmaking, as well as developing their understanding of film, moving image and broader film culture. Classes take place in the cinema of the Queen’s Film Theatre and our dedicated Film Studio.
Our new team member will be a creative and critical practitioner with proven track record in innovative teaching excellence at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. They will be an active researcher who can contribute to a vibrant and dynamic subject area and offer subject level expertise in their areas of specialism as well as in teaching across all parts of the programme.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- PhD in Film/Screen Media or equivalent post-graduate qualification in Film Practice.
- A record of recent publications of internationally excellent research and/or practice research outputs in Film/Screen Media appropriate to career stage.
- Expertise in documentary filmmaking practice.
- Relevant teaching experience to at least degree level in documentary filmmaking practice.
- Ability to teach a core range of film production and technical skills such as cinematography and postproduction.
- Evidence of ability to supervise film practice research at UG and PG level.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, please click on the Candidate Information link below.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and International Staff Network) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
Informal enquiries may be directed to Aimee Mollaghan at firstname.lastname@example.org