Assistant Research Manager
Location: Southampton Science Park, Chilworth
Salary: £29,605 to £33,966 per annum
Full Time Permanent
Closing Date: Friday 29 September 2023
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Do you have the skills, experience and enthusiasm to help tackle the health and social care challenges facing people and communities today? Would you value the opportunity to be part of world-leading research that has a positive impact on people’s lives? If so, then we have the perfect opportunity for you to join us as an Assistant Research Manager!
The Assistant Research Manager role is an integral part of our Research Management Teams, helping to achieve the mission of the National Institute of Health and Care Research (NIHR) to improve the health and wealth of the nation through research.
Who are we?
The NIHR funds, enables and delivers world-leading health and social care research that improves people's health and wellbeing and promotes economic growth. Our research helps turn discoveries into new or improved treatments, diagnostics, medical technologies and services. It provides those working in the NHS, public health, global health and social care with the evidence they need to better support patients, the public and people who need care.
What will you do?
As an Assistant Research Manager, you will have the opportunity to make a real impact on the work of the NIHR.
On a typical day, you will:
- Advise internal and external customers on specialist defined procedures and processes.
- Oversee the administrative processes including supervising work of administrators, organising events, and attending meetings.
- Work closely with colleagues in the functional team to support and ensure delivery of the Research Management process.
- Gather and analyse specialised data which you will use to create reports to present the finding,.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for candidates with a keen interest in health research and who are committed to our values and the mission of the NIHR. Key skills we’re looking for are:
- A good understanding of the health research landscape
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to accurately interpret and analyse complex data and present in a clear and concise format.
- Ability to offer proactive guidance and advice to internal and external customers.
- Ability to successfully plan and deliver administrative projects.
Why join us?
We understand that our staff are our greatest asset, and we take the care of our staff seriously. Some of the perks of working with us, include:
- Hybrid Working- We’re pleased to offer a hybrid-working arrangement as we know the many benefits this can bring to our staff and us as an organisation. We strive for cohesive and collaborative teams so our expectation is you spend around 20% of your time in the office.
- Workplace Wellbeing- For the fourth year in a row, we are pleased to say we have been awarded Gold, in Mind’s Workplace Wellbeing Awards and this year recognised as the top medium employer!
To learn more about all the benefits of working with us, please visit our website here, and check out what our staff say in the video below!
The role is offered at 35 hours per week, but we will consider part time hours. Please contact us to discuss your specific needs.
If you have any questions, or would just like to find out more, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org