Post Doctoral Fellow, Physics
KU is seeking a highly motivated Post-doctoral Fellow to work on magnetic materials for future memory technology.
Our research project concerns about an in-depth investigation of the plasmonic and magnetic (magnonic) crystals for a versatile electronic/magnetic device application ranging from highly sensitive biosensors to high-speed memory. The researcher will be involved in the synthesis of plasmonic/magnetic nano-structured devices. The morphological properties of the sample will be characterized using 3D-microscope, SEM, TEM and AFM. Thin film multilayers of a combination of metals like Au, Ag, NiFe, Ti, Pt will be deposited to study the effect of interface and inter-layer interaction on the performance of the devices.
- Have hand-on experience in synthesis of magnetic/non-magnetic nanoparticles.
- Have experience in different characterization techniques such as SEM, TEM, XPS, Raman, FTIR, UV-VIS.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks, accordingly.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
- PhD in Physics from a reputable university or related discipline.
- Experience writing scientific or review papers;
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and supportive team culture
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The proven ability to work on multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines.
- Ability to train and mentor students and support fellow researchers
- Highly developed reasoning and problem-solving skills
- PhD gained from a top 200 QS or THE ranked University
- At least 2 years of relevant experience as a Post-doctoral researcher in academia or in industry.
- High impact first-author publications in top 10% journals in the relevant field
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Schedule: Regular Shift: Standard
Job Type: Full-time