The candidate will be working on specific tasks related to underwater robotics
The core responsibilities of the candidate will include:
- Development of Advanced Navigation Algorithms for the unmanned surface vessels in marine environment.
- Development of Advanced Guidance Algorithms for the unmanned surface vessel.
- Development of Artificial Intelligence (AI) algorithms for vessel detection.
- Development of Advanced Control Algorithms for the point to point navigation and for visual servoing, and station keeping.
- Develop strategies for collision avoidance.
- Effectively collaborate within the KU and international collaborators to achieve project deliverables within prescribed timelines.
- Publish high-quality journal and international conference papers based on the obtained research results
The general responsibilities include:
- Participates in scientific research as a professionally responsible member of the research team. Participates in problem definition, planning and execution of the research approach, execution of experiments, interpretation of findings, documentation and reporting of results and progress, maintenance of research records and compliance with KU policies and procedures.
- Regularly meetings with the Supervisor to communicate research results, to review focus, discuss concerns, troubleshoot and manage expectations.
- Publish research results in top journals in the field in a timely manner. Present research findings at meetings.
- Contributes to the overall activities of the research team and the Center.
- Performs other duties as and when assigned by the Advisor.
- Master Degree related to Robotics (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science. Mechatronics)
To include one or more of the following areas:
- Research excellence in robotics as evidenced by peer reviewed publications in top relevant journals, appropriate for career stage.
- Hands-on experience in algorithm development and implementation, for robot Navigation, and/or heterogenous multi-robot collaborations.
- Experimental robotics
- Skills in ROS, ROS-based simulation systems, Gazebo and/or other robot simulation software
- Excellent writing and communication skills
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job: Research Associate
Job Type: Full-time