Senior Lecturer, La Trobe Rural Health School
- Full time
- Teaching Focussed or Teaching & Research Position
- Based at the Albury/Wodonga campus
- Join an established and leading rural University
The La Trobe Rural Health School (LHRS) is the largest rural health school in Australia. THe LRHS is based at all four regional campuses of the University: Bendigo, Mildura, Shepparton and Albury-Wodonga. The School has a wide range of health courses including dentistry, oral health, nursing, midwifery, paramedicine, public health, pharmacy, biomedical sciences (onshore and offshore), physiotherapy, social work, speech pathology, exercise physiology, exercise science and occupational therapy
About the position
A Level C teaching and research academic is expected to develop curriculum, teach and/or undertake research and/or other scholarly work relevant to the development of their discipline or professional field. An academic at this level will make a significant contribution to the discipline at the national level. They will normally play a major role or provide a significant degree of leadership in scholarly, research and/or professional activities relevant to the profession.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have
- Completion of a Ph.D. or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline area.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in curriculum development and teaching with a commitment to excellence in teaching.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide leadership at course/program/research group or similar level.
- Proven ability to mentor and supervise undergraduate, honour and postgraduate students.
- Strong record of research publication, with appropriate evidence of quality and impact.
- Demonstrated record of achievement as a leading practitioner with a reputation for skills, knowledge and expertise at a state/national level.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in liaising with external organizations/agencies and/or the general public.
- Proven experience and success in managing staff performance and development.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Monday 9th October 2023
Position Enquiries: Lisa Hanson via email: email@example.com
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
La Trobe University is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We take an intersectional approach by actively supporting and encouraging people of all backgrounds and abilities to submit an application and aim to ensure that the recruitment and employee experience is as accessible and inclusive as possible. Flexibility in interview format will be offered to shortlisted candidates.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.