ACFF Media & Communications Officer
The Alliance for a Cavity-Free Future is a small charity that prides itself on having a large impact. We work with governments, international organisations, educational bodies and global associations to push for better oral health for all. As Media and Communications Officer, you will be tasked with developing and running effective and compelling campaigns targeting both oral health professionals and the public globally using web presence, member communications, design and print, and social media, ensuring consistency and engagement in the messaging. Working with the Global Manager, Trustees and Expert Panel you will contribute to the delivery of press and public engagement, identifying, researching and developing great stories on the ACFF and wider Oral Health news in order to bring them to the forefront of the conversation and promote better oral health practices. Due to the nature of a small charity, you will be required from time to time to help with the organisation and running of events and other administrative tasks. You will also be expected to liaise with other parts of the wider Global Collaboratory for Caries Management (GCCM).
This post will be answerable to the ACFF Global Manager. The role will operate a hybrid work-pattern, with a maximum of three days per week working from home and the remainder at the ACFF office based in Guy’s Hospital, London.
What you’ll need to succeed
You’ll be a proactive and driven team player excited by the idea of developing and running media and communications campaigns targeting both professional and public audiences.
You will have demonstrable experience implementing and running successful campaigns utilising a variety of media including social media, websites and print. A willingness to help with any tasks that need accomplishing is also crucial. The ability to quickly understand a complicated topic and terminology would be beneficial.
This post will be offered on and initial 18 month fixed-term contract with the possibility of rolling forward.
This is a full-time post - 100% full time equivalent
- Develop and deliver the ACFF communications strategy (via social media, web and print), including developing campaigns targeting patients, public and professionals to promote the charity’s work.
- Maintain and update the ACFF website, including creation of regular blog articles.
- Develop and manage the communications with ACFF membership to both increase charity membership numbers and improve the relaying of information between the charity and its membership.
- Ensure communications and marketing cover both a global reach and are adaptable to regional audiences.
- Liaise with marketing teams from collaborating partner organisations to cascade and disseminate other positive oral health news and messaging.
- Create new content that promotes best practice and encourages public, patient, and professional engagement.
- Develop and manage the annual World Cavity-Free Future Day campaign by creating a theme as well as free resources that can be used worldwide by local volunteer campaigning teams. Create ways to encourage participation in the campaign.
- Support in the administration and running of events.
- Support in the administration of day-to-day office needs.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. Background in communications and marketing with proven ability to tailor a message to a variety of audiences.
2. Excellent communications skills including oral, written and in person.
3. Experience of creating accessible content for the web, media, social media, design and print, etc.
4. Proven track record of designing and delivering successful communication strategies.
5. Ability to build effective links and relationships with a range of stakeholders and collaborating organisations; including understanding of adapting work to take into account political and cultural differences.
6. Solution-focused with ability to prioritise.
7. A proactive approach with the ability to work on one’s own and as part of a small team.
1. Experience in science/medical environment, preferably oral health.
2. Experience working in a charitable organisation.
3. Experience using WordPress.