Research Fellow (Coastal-Engineering)
We are advertising for a Research Fellow in Coastal Engineering (Nature-based Solutions to Coastal Protection). The research project focuses on developing novel hybrid solutions to coastal defense. Also, laboratory experiments will be conducted to quantify the effectiveness of hybrid solutions in reducing the impact of wave action and sediment erosion.
The research fellow will work with Assistant Professor Gary Lei from Civil and Environmental Engineering at NUS. Ideally, we are interested in candidates with a track record of high-impact peer-reviewed journal publications related to the abovementioned topics and demonstrating prior experience with laboratory experiments and numerical modeling.
- Possess a Ph.D. degree in Civil Engineering, Coastal Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a closely-related field.
- Have a track record of high-impact peer-reviewed international journal publications related to the topic mentioned above, and demonstrate prior experience with laboratory and field experiments/ data analysis/ theoretical modelling.
- Priority will be given to applicants who have prior research experience in coastal engineering, environmental fluid mechanics, and hydraulic engineering.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Open to fixed term contract
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Civil and Environmental Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 20140