Education Associate (Department of Biochemistry)
The Department of Biochemistry at the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine will be launching a brand new Master’s Programme. We are looking for highly motivated, pioneering individuals to be part of a dynamic and growing team to successfully attract diverse and top applicants to this program and provide these students with an enriching educational experience. The successful candidate will play a key role in the launch of this new Master’s Programme:
- Student Admissions: Set up application portal for both the MSc program (GDA2/3) as well as for the Executive / Graduate Certificate courses (SCALE); Manage and process applications of MSc programme, Executive and Graduate certificates (collect and review applications, ensure authenticity of the certificates and other documents, communicate with prospective students regarding requirements, deadlines, and procedures, maintain accurate records of enrolled students and track enrollment trends), organize interviews (where necessary); prepare/send/follow up offer letters.
- Applicant’s Welfare: Assist applicants in their journey; communicating and providing them with the latest updates regarding any changes in application process, etc; respond to their queries the application procedure or the program; assist and guide foreign applicants who have accepted our offer eg. process visa application, provide accommodation options in campus etc; maintain and update students records/files regularly, etc
- Finance and Scholarship: Source for scholarship funding and provide administration support for the scholarships/financial assistance, prepare financial reports, monitor revenue streams, manage contracts with third party organization/funders etc; Monitor and assist scholars in their journey to ensure that they meet the milestones required for the scholarships.
- Quality of Applicants: Analyze application data and generate reports to evaluate the quality and diversity of applicants to this MSc Program.
In addition, he/she will also play supportive role in other aspects of the MSc program including Digital and Physical Outreach, Technical Support (e.g. setting up hybrid learning, recording of lecture, etc), Student Related Events, Module Support, Student Welfare, as well as any other duties (e.g. preparing meeting minutes) that commensurate with the post.
- A high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team;
- Meticulous with Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to manage conflicting demands, and to work independently within deadlines.
- Required Soft Skills
- Excellent Written and Verbal communication
- Strong Problem-Solving skills
- Creative, adaptable, pro-active, meticulous and accurate
- Any of the following Skills/Talents will be an added advantage:
- Competent in additional language(s)
- Domain knowledge in Graduate Education
- Event (including virtual) organization skills / experience.
- Artistic including digital art, photography, videography, etc.
- Basic Web-Design skills/experience
How to apply
If you meet the requirements above, are dynamic and innovative, we invite you to submit a complete application to email@example.com with the following documents in ONE pdf file:
Detailed CV Copies of your qualifications Indication of current and expected remuneration Contact number of at least ONE Reference
The starting salary is competitive and will commensurate with qualifications and experience. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified