Research Assistant (Mechanobiology Institute)
The Mechanobiology Institute, Singapore, is a multidisciplinary institute committed to developing new paradigms for biomedical research by focusing on the quantitative analysis of dynamic functional processes. Through quantitative biophysical approaches, we address major problems in biomedical sciences, including pathogenesis (from bacterial to cancer), tissue regeneration, and function.
We are seeking to recruit a Research Assistant in our High-throughput Molecular Genetics (HMG) Facility at the Mechanobiology Institute, NUS to embark on an interdisciplinary project aimed at developing high-content CRISPR screening tools for drug target validation. Candidates are expected to have a good understanding and skills in cell and molecular biology, preferably prior experience working with genome editing. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge methodologies and instrumentation that complement and augment the capabilities of individual research laboratories.
- Degree in life sciences or related biomedical and bioengineering disciplines
- At least 1 year of experience working in a research lab (including final-year Hons. project/Undergraduate project)
- Experience in cell/ tissue culture and molecular biology
- Keen to learn high-throughput screening in drug discovery research
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Service-oriented with a keen desire to develop project management skills
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Mechanobiology Institute
Department : Research
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 19650